Tears and Ice Cream

Chris started filming SnowPiercer not to long ago so I've been with Tom or Hayley Atwell. She's awesome! Chris would come home exhausted from filming and I don't blame him. So today Tom was at the house sense he had a day off for filming Thor: The Dark World. Tom was making breakfast as I looked through my pile of Disney movies we could watch. The phone started ringing and Tom answered it.
"Hello?" Tom asked, "no he can't come to the phone." Who was he talking to?
"Sure" Tom said handing me the phone.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi Megan it's Mrs Smith. I needed to tell you important news. I was gonna tell Chris but he's not there" said Mrs Smith.
"Okay what's the news?" I asked.
"Sweetie I know it's been hard for you ever sense your mother died and I didn't want to tell you but the cops said it was right for you to know. Your biological father has been dead sense you were brought to the Orphanage. He committed suicide after he left you with me sweetheart" she said. My heart skipped a beat.
"Thank you for telling me" I said.
"Goodbye dear" she said hanging up the phone. I stood there gave Tom the phone then ran to my room. My father has been dead for years and she never told me! I laid in bed with my face buried in my pillow. She always told me she talked to my father after he left me there. She always said she'd go to visit him to see if he was well and healthy. Lies. All of it were lies! I felt my tears soak into my pillow.

Tom's P.O.V
I watched as Megan ran to her room. I thought I saw some tears in her eyes. I dialed Chris's phone number and waited for him to answer.
"Hello?" Chris asked.
"Chris uh when are you getting home?" I asked scratching my neck.
"Well we are finishing a scene and then I'll be home sense they're letting us go home early. Why?" Chris asked sounding concerned.
"Well... The phone rang earlier and it was some women asking for you then she asked for Megan so I gave the phone to her and I watched Megan's facial expressions and she didn't look to happy at all. She ran to her room after giving me the phone back and she hasn't said a word" I said really fast.
"Alright. I'll be home in 10 minutes" Chris said.
"Okay hurry up" I said hanging up the phone and sat down staring at the two bowls of cereal I had out for me and Megan. I have an idea.

Megan's P.O.V
I laid there on my bed as a small knock was heard on my door. "Go away" I said I didn't want to hurt Tom's feelings by yelling at him.
"Megan open the door, please" Tom said knocking again.
"No" I said covering myself with my blanket.
"Fine. I'll just do what Chris taught me" he said as the lock on the door started turning. Oh crap! I covered my head and laid there as the door opened.
"Go away" I said.
"Megan I brought you your breakfast if you want it" Tom said setting my breakfast down on the bedside table. "I'm not leaving until I see your face and a smile." I laid there for awhile. I pushed off the covers showing my face that probably has tears on my cheeks. I did a fake smile yet Tom wasn't satisfied.
"Now get out please" I said.
"Megan do you want to talk about what the women said on the phone?" Tom asked.
"Promise you won't tell Chris even when he gets home. I think I'll tell him myself" I said.
"Cross my heart" Tom said making a X on his heart.
"My real dad has been dead ever sense he dropped me off at the orphanage. After he dropped me there he committed suicide. So technically my life has been a life and Mrs Smith who runs the orphanage lied to me my whole life" I said starting to cry again. I saw a tear roll down Tom's cheek as he walked over and sat next to me pulling me into a hug that I never wanted to leave. Tom's head shot up when he heard the front door slam shut.
"MEGAN! TOM! IM HOME" Chris called from the living room. Tom got up and left the room real quick. I heard their voices not to far away then the sound of someone running to my room. Chris skidded into my room and placed his bag on the floor and scooped me up in a huge hug. And when I mean huge I mean bone crushing. Tom said goodbye and left the house not to long after Chris arrived home.
"Talk" Chris said sitting down on the bed still holding me in his arms. This is gonna be hard.
"MyrealdadhasbeendeadeversensehedroppedmeoffattheorphanageAssoonashedroppedmeofftherehecommitedsuicide" I said really fast so it was hard to understand.
"Slower" Chris said staring at me with those blue eyes.
"My real dad has been dead ever sense he left me at the orphanage. As soon as he left me there he committed suicide when he got home" I said slower so Chris would understand. I saw tears form in Chris's eyes as he pulled me closer to him and I buried my head in his chest probably soaking his shirt in tears.
"Shhhh. Calm down" Chris said rubbing my back which was very soothing. Chris started humming some tune which I could tell it was a song from Winnie the Pooh. But I couldn't tell what song it was. It was soothing and sweet as I felt myself grow tired my eyes became heavy. I guess Chris noticed this and started to move around on the bed to get comfortable. He laid his back against the headboard and took off his shoes. He held me close as he pulled the covers over both of us and started humming that song again. Next thing I knew I was fast asleep in my fathers arms.
I woke up still in Chris's arms who was fast asleep. I guess he went to sleep when I did. I let a yawn escape my mouth as I tried getting out of Chris's grasp but it was hard sense he had a good grip on my stomach. I kept struggling and tried not to wake him but it was no use. I sat there for a while staring at him who was snoring softly. I snuggled against his chest to see if that would wake him. No. All what happened is that his grip grew a little bit tighter on me. So basically there was no use in trying to get out of his grasp without waking him. If only I had a bucket of cold water! Then I remembered something. "East!" I whisper yelled as East came running down the hallway jumping onto the bed and started licking Chris's face. I covered my mouth trying not to laugh at the sight. My dad's head turned away from East. East started barking in his ear which was funny. I quickly pretended to sleep as his body jolted up.
"East be quiet or you'll wake Megan" Chris said.
"To late" I said smiling as my eyes opened.
"How long have you been awake?" Chris asked.
"Well I woke up probably 10 minutes ago and tried to get up but something had a strong grip on me" I said staring up at him.
"Oh. You could've woke me up" Chris said.
"Nah I wanted East to wake you" I said smiling.
"What time is it?" He asked.
"We've been asleep for 2 hours so it's 3:00" I said.
"Okay. Do you want some lunch?" Chris asked.
"Sure" I said as I finally got out of his grip and out of the bed. He left the room and I changed into a white tank top with a army green cardigan and black shorts. I walked out into the kitchen to see two bowls of ice cream.
"Ice cream for lunch?" I asked pointing to the bowls.
"Ice cream is the best medicine when you're upset" he said giving me the bowl and he had his own. We walked to the couch and started watching The Shining. I found it in the pile of movies and put it in without asking. I remember watching The Shining with Chase. He begged and Mrs Smith wasn't home so I thought 'what could go wrong?'
Chris was right. Ice cream is the best medicine when your upset.