April Fools

Beep! Beep! I slammed my hand onto my alarm clock shutting it off. I let out a tired groan. Wait a second! I got up quickly looked at my calendar seeing it was April Fools. Oh no! I know Chris has something planned. This can't be good. I didn't change my cloths and I slowly walked out of the room ready for the impact of a prank. Nothing. I tip toed out of my room quietly. I pushed open Chris's bedroom door seeing him fast asleep on his bed. Scarlet was right. He looks like a angle when he sleeps. To bad I'm ruining it. I ran to the bathroom across the hall filling a medium sized bucket with ice cold water. I tip toed back to Chris's room seeing him still sleeping. I smiled as I pushed open the door quietly and walked to the side of the bed he slept on. I dumped the water onto him and he jolted up quickly. I dropped the bucket with a smile as he moved his wet hair from his face.
"Megan" he said in a warning tone.
"Chris" I responded copying the same tone. He stared at me with a face that triggered one emotion I had when he made that face. Fear. My eyes widened and I started running out to the hallway. I ran down the hallway and through the living room. I'm literally afraid at the moment. I ran as fast as I could with the help of sliding on my socks. I let out a terrified yelp as I heard his footsteps right behind me. Next thing I know my feet were no longer on the floor. Now here is the moment I should've thought about this prank. Guess who didn't put the cover on the pool. I felt the cold air from outside hit me like a slap in the face. Next thing I knew ice cold water engulfed me in an icy hug. I came to the surface and crawled out of the pool probably looking like a wet dog. I shivered a lot, my teeth chattering. Chris got concerned and we went inside was fast as possible. He said he felt bad for tossing me in the pool.
"I deserved it" I said as I walked into the bathroom changing into clean cloths. I walked out of the bathroom in one of Chris's sweaters and a pair of shorts. I stole his one sweaters. The sleeves on this thing are long. I walked down the hallway still shivering. I sat next to Chris who covered me in a fuzzy blanket.
"I'm cold" I said as he held me close trying to keep me warm.
"Let me guess. I'm gonna have to deal with a sick daughter" he said laughing.
"Probably" I said covering my head with the warm blanket. I was engulfed in my fathers warmth which I must say was very comforting. I snuggled into his side trying to get comfortable. We started watching TV and enjoying each other's company. I started thinking about how my mom lied to me about that guy being my dad. Chris was my true father and that's all that mattered. That guy was probably paid to do that.
"What guy?" Chris asked. I hate thinking out loud.
"The guy I believed to be my real father" I answered.
"All what matters now is that we know the truth. I don't want to hear about the past. The past distracts you from the now" he said quoting Edna Mode from the incredibles.
"You quoted Edna didn't you?" I asked smiling.
"Maybe" he said.
"You're such a meatball" I said punching his shoulder.
"When you feel better I got see if you remember how to tackle" he said smiling. Not that again. Anything but that again.
"When I feel better are keywords" I said smiling.
"Whatever. I'm gonna make you soup" he said standing up but I wrapped myself around his leg.
"I'm cold. Your warm. Just walk" I said as he started walking towards the kitchen with no problem at all.
He makes the best soup. Okay I say I like his cooking a lot so let's just say he's a good cook. I love it when he makes Mac 'n' Cheese he makes it so cheesy and good. I ate my soup probably in 10 minutes which didn't take as long as I thought it would. Chris went to the store down the street and came back with medicine. I fell asleep on the couch after taking my medicine.

Chris's P.O.V
Megan laid on the couch fast asleep. She's peaceful when she's sleep. She's not like me, I snore. She looks like a little angle. No wonder Scarlet said we had so much in common. When I got the call about me being Megan's biological father made me so happy. I know that Megan's "real father" wasn't her father at all. Maybe I'll surprise her soon with a gift. I know the perfect gift. She'll love it. I know she will.

Finally a longer chapter! Trust me the next few chapters are gonna be sorta long then probably I'm gonna end this and leave you all with a cliffhanger! Then I'm gonna go strait to the second book. I love you guys so much! I'm excited about the second book and I'm excited to see your reaction to want Chris gets her for a gift. Comment below if you think you know what it is? If you guess the correct thing I'll give you a shout out in one of my chapters!~ Kenlee Faith❤️❤️❤️