Family Stuff and Tea

Tom was at the door and ready to pick me up for our little slumber party. I said goodbye and left the house with Tom. We arrived at his small house. My guess is that he has a bigger one in London. Tom said about going to the park and I agreed. We left the house and walked to the small park were people walk their dogs and kids play. Tom decided to go get me a soda from a stand that was nearby. I sat down on a bench and took my sketch book from my bag and started drawing. I hadn't noticed someone was in front of me.
"Your Chris Evans's daughter aren't you?" asked a girl maybe two years older than me. I simply nodded thinking she was a fan. She wasn't.
"I hope you know Chris only adopted you to get more fame. He never wanted you" she said crossing her arms.
I didn't respond.
"He's just using you for popularity" she said flipping her blonde hair to the side like one of those popular girls in movies.
"You don't know anything" I said staring at her.
"I know a lot more than you sweetie" she hissed. She made the word sweetie sound like poison. And with that she walked away acting as if she won some kind of battle. Maybe she was right. What if she was right? Was it true? My thoughts were interrupted when Tom came back with a bottle of Coca Cola.
"So what do you want to do?" Tom asked smiling.
"Can we just g-go back home" I said putting my sketch book away.
"Okay..." Tom said giving me a look as I stood up and we began walking back. We passed that girl and Tom saw me staring. He didn't say anything and just kept walking. We got back home and I sat my bag down and almost as if on cue Tom spoke up.
"Who's that girl? What happened at the park?" He asked crossing his arms waiting for me to answer.
"She just asked if a Chris was my dad" I lied.
"Spill the beans" Tom said knowing I was lying.
"She told me Chris only adopted me to get more popular" I said slowly.
"You know that's not true. Chris loves you with all his heart. Even if he did want more popularity he wouldn't adopt a child" Tom said sitting beside me.
"How do you know that?" I mumbled.
"Because it's true. Your father loves you no matter what" Tom said.
"I guess you're right" I said calmly as he smiled brightly and went to the kitchen making something. I waited for about 5 minutes until he came back with two cups.
"Try it" he said handing me a cup and I took a sip.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Tea" he said sitting down beside me. That night we watched movies, ate food, and drank tea. Tom was my best friend.