13

It's been three days sense Chris started filming the Avengers and I was having to much fun playing games with the cast acting like we were kids. So today was a day off of filming and it was a special day! I'm going to be 13! I woke up and didn't decide to get dressed so I ran up the small stairs in my pjs trying not to wake Chris. He was probably still sleeping so I needed to be quiet as possible. Today I was gonna start the day off by waking up Chris with a good morning prank. I'm so nice! I got a bucket and filled it with ice cold water. The bucket was heavy as I carried it down the hallway. I carefully opened Chris's door hearing him snore ever so loudly. I'm kinda glad that his door is closed at night because this noise would keep me awake. I waddled over to his side of the bed and used all my strength to lift the bucket and dump the cold icy water on to him. I quickly dropped the bucket as he woke up soaking wet. Then I saw his face. Anger. My eyes widened and I started running as fast as possible. I never thought I could run this fast. I could hear his footsteps getting closer nearly scaring the crap out of me. I skidded to the hallway and down the small stair case and locked myself in my room. Chris knocked on the door a few times. I've never seen him angry before! I sat on my bed with my knees huddled in my chest. "Megan! Open the door" Chris said sounding rather angry.
"I love you" I squeaked as I heard a small chuckle then the lock on the door started turning. Crap! I got up and hid in the closet.
"Megan?" Chris sang almost sending a shiver up my back. He can go from nice to scary in 0.2 seconds. Then I basically doomed myself.
I sneezed...
"You thought you could get away" Chris sang as I hid myself deeper in my closet. He slid open the door making me scream. He picked me up throwing me over his shoulder as if I were weightless.
"I'm to young to die!" I yelled as he carried me out of the room and down the hallway.
"I win!" Chris yelled dropping me onto the couch and started to tickle me.
"No! Stop!" I choked out as he smiled and stopped.
"Happy birthday!" Chris said hugging me, making me soaking wet from the water I dumped on him. "I have a special day planned!"
"Oh really?" I asked.
"Oh yeah but it's a surprise!" Chris said smiling.
"But dad!" I whined.
"No buts!" Chris said laughing.
A few hours later Chris told me to get dressed so I walked back to my room hopped in the shower. I dried my hair and curled it. I put on a navy blue dress and converse sneakers. I put on my Captain America shield necklace. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I walked back out of the room and looked around for Chris. I didn't really know my way around the house. I looked around the living room and the kitchen to see no Chris. I heard his bedroom door close. He stepped out in a button up blue plaid shirt and dress pants. He stopped and stared at me with the biggest grin on his face. I thought I saw a tear roll down his cheek but maybe I'm just imagining it. We walked outside and got into his car and we drove to a nice restaurant. It was Italian my favorite! We walked in and a waiter showed us to our table and we were greeted by the cast of the Avengers. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled sense the restaurant was empty.
"Oh my god!" I yelled almost crying.
"Hey kiddo!" Robert said excitedly and ran to give me a bear hug. Next thing I knew I felt myself being pulled into a large hug that was way to familiar. I turned around to see Uncle Scott.
"Uncle Scott!" I said giving him a hug. As if on cue grandma and grandfather walked in with large smiles.
"Hey sweetie!" Grandma said giving me a soft gentle hug.
"I'm so happy to see you" I said knowing tears were in my eyes.
"Chris called us a few days ago and told us your birthday was coming up!" Scott said.
"Thanks Dad!" I said hugging Chris as tightly as possible.
That whole night was full of questions and stories and a lot of pizza. Then came the question that made my cheeks as red as a baboons butt. "So tell us about your life before you met Chris?" asked Joss whipping his mouth with a napkin after eating a cheese pizza.
"Uh... Where do I start? Well I only knew my actual parents for 3 years. My mother is now 6 feet under. My dad is a alcoholic. And I ended up in a small orphanage in Boston when I was 3. Before Chris adopted me I was the oldest out of 7 kids" I answered. The table grew silent for a little. Tom decided to break the silence.
"I'm sorry about your mother and father" he said.
"Don't be sorry" I said smiling.
"So how did your mom die?" asked Scarlet.
"Drinking and driving" I said and the table grew silent again.
"What about your dad?" asked Chris Hemsworth.
"He was abusive to my mother and never laid a finger on me. He wasn't the perfect father and he knew that so he decided to make the best decision to drop me off at an orphanage" I said taking a drink of my soda.
"Sorr-" said Tom before I cut him off.
"Don't be sorry. It wasn't anyone's fault but my actual families fault" I said.
The rest of the night was filled with laughter as I told them stories of the orphanage and some tears as I said about my only memories of my mother and father. We said our goodbyes and left the restaurant and headed home. I decided to change into a Captain America shirt and Avengers swear pants. I sat on the couch as Chris made some popcorn and we decided to watch a bunch of movies. "Alright! To finish off the night we shall watch your selection of movies" Chris said sitting down beside me with the large bowl of popcorn.
"Awesomeness" I said getting up and walked to the pile of movies I laid out and put in the first Fantastic Four. I walked back over to the couch and sat next to Chris and watched the movie with him. We went through three movies when I put in Aladdin. After we watched the first three marvel movies Chris was in we decided to move strait to Disney movies. It was almost 1:00 am by the time we finished Cinderella. I was leaning against Chris my eyes started to feel heavy. But I got up and put in The Little Mermaid my favorite movie growing up. I sat back down with Chris as the music of the movie started playing. It was halfway through the movie until my eyes started feeling heavy again. I laid down with my head in Chris's side and my feet at the other end of the couch. I snuggled into Chris's side as the music for Kiss the Girl started playing and my eyes grew heavier. I felt his hand on my side and I felt him let out a chuckle as he bent his head and kissed the top of my head gently.
"Goodnight Megan" Chris whispered as he pulled the blanket that was at my feet over to my shoulders.
"Goodnight... Dad" I whispered falling into a dream filled sleep. The night was absolutely perfect. I love Chris. I love my new dad.