Happy New Year

We decided to go to Roberts for a New Years party. Chris said he throws good parties. Me, Gwyneth, Cobie, and Scarlet were sitting on the couch hogging the chips while the others we either talking or playing that Guitar video game. What is it called? Guitar Hero. I don't know. Tom was playing the guitar and I must say he's killing it! I stood up after he finished. "Let the master show you how it's done" I said smiling at Tom as he gave me the guitar. I chose Detroit Rock City by KISS let's just say it's a expert one. I started playing and it wasn't really that hard.
"Go Megan!" Cobie yelled from behind me as I continued to play. Then there was the guitar solo part. After I finished I put down the guitar and sat down.
"You're good" Scarlet said smiling.
"I'm not that good" I said only earning a punch in the arm from Cobie.
"You are too!" Cobie said, "you got a lot of points!"
"No I'm not. I've only played the guitar a few times" I said eating a chip. We changed the TV to the New Year ball drop sense it was 11:56. We all sat near each other and waited.
"1!" Robert yelled.
"2!" Hemsworth yelled.
"3!" Jeremy yelled as the ball dropped.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" We all yelled loudly.
After the party me and Chris went back home. I changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants. Me and Chris decided to camp out in the living room. I finished building a blanket fort and put pillows in the place where we will sleep. Chris entered the room with Hot Chocolate and popcorn. I picked out a bunch of movies for us to watch. The first one was One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Chris said it was good.
After that movie we watched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, that was my choice and we couldn't stop laughing. I enjoy watching Jim Carrey movies. He said that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest inspired him to be an actor.
After we watched a bunch of movies we decided to play a question game.
"What's your favorite color?" I asked.
"Blue" he answered.
"Awesome" I said, "you're dying to say something. Spill the beans!"
"I just wanted to say that I'm glad I adopted you" he said smiling.
"Don't be cheesy" I said staring at him.
"I'm not being cheesy. I'm just saying how glad I am to have you as a daughter" he said pulling me into a hug.
"You're crushing me" I said laughing.
"I don't care" he said messing up my hair.
"Stop!" I said as he started tickling me.
"Not until you say in back!" He said as I finally got out of his reach. I quickly got up but only to be pulled down again. "Say it!"
"I'm glad to have you as my dad!" I yelped wiggling out of his grasp and started running. I ran out of the living room as fast as possible and he was right on my heels.
"Get back here you little booger!" He yelled scooping me up in his arms and carried me back to the living room.
"I'm to young to die!" I squealed trying to get away but I couldn't. Why does he do dis?! We sat down in the fort and Chris held me close to him as if nothing could ever separate us. He's squeezing me to death.
"Let's watch a disney movie" he said rocking back and forth.
"YAY!!!" I said as he let me get up. I crawled to the DVD player and put in the little mermaid. Chris sat with his legs crossed and his arms open wide. I sat down on his lap and we sat there eating popcorn and watching my favorite disney movie. We both know the songs by heart. We started singing to all the songs in the movie. I paused in the middle of singing Poor Unfortunate Souls to hear Chris sing.
Come on you poor unfortunate soul
Go ahead
Make your choice
I'm a very busy woman and I haven't got all day
It won't cost much
Just your voice!
You poor unfortunate soul
It's sad but true
If you want to cross the bridge, my sweet
You've got the pay the toll
Take a gulp and take a breath
And go ahead and sign the scroll
Flotsam, Jetsam, now I've got her, boys
The boss is on a roll
This poor unfortunate soul
I listened to him sing not saying anything. I'm so sneaky. I smiled up at him and he paused realizing I wasn't singing. "You're sneaky" he said smiling.
"I know" I said smiling widely, "but you are a good singer!"
"Not as good as you" he said.
"You are way better than me!" I argued.
"I'm not gonna win this aren't I" Chris said.
"Nope. I win" I said smiling. We sat there longer and the scene where it plays Kiss the Girl started. Like I did earlier halfway through the song I paused listening to Chris sing.
Now's your moment
Floating in the blue lagoon
Boy, you better do it soon
No time will be better
She don't say a word
And she won't say a word
Until you kiss the girl
His voice made my eyes heavy. He held me close as I leaned into him trying to get comfy. He continued to sing the song softly and sweetly. I slowly started to drift asleep at his soothing voice. Before I closed my eyes I saw the most goofiest smile on his face as he covered a blanket around me. He bent down and kissed my forehead making me smile before I fell asleep. Best New Years ever!