2: Unexpected

Hi to all the people who are still reading. Thanks for making it to chapter two. You guys will finally read something I bet you've all been waiting for.

__________________________

• chapter 2: Unexpected

It's six in the morning and I'm already awake. I guess I'm a little jet lag, but oh well. I have to go get ready since my aunt is bringing me to her work. I gotta look presentable at least. I take a shower, blow dry my hair, and put on a loose white tank top, blue jeans, and black Converse. I didn't need to impress anyone. I've been here for two days, and I already got a light tan.

"Lara! Are you ready? We're leaving in five minutes. We'll buy food on the way to my work," my aunt knocked on my door since everyone was still asleep. Before I left my room, I grabbed my iPhone and my messenger bag that contained my sketch pad and compact case I got from my great grandma, and I checked my closet door mirror and put lip balm on.

I ran inside my aunt's BMW and off we went to her work. I fell asleep in her car. When I woke up, we were already there. I honestly didn't know where we were, so I didn't bother asking. She gave me my food, and I followed her to the trailer she worked in. I sat on the couch and started texting Aubrey.

"Hey, Aubrey. I'm so bored," I texted to her.

"Why? Didn't you go to the mall?" She asked.

"No. I'm at her work. I'm going to the mall after she's done :-(" I replied.

"Aww, I wish I could pick you up, but I'm at work (;" Aubrey teased.

"What?! Where?" I replied back.

"The Beach Club, boo!" She said I assumed in happiness.

"Ohhhh... Dang, girl. But doesn't that open at night?" I questioned.

"I have to get it ready for the day. We have an outside booth for the beach," she explained through text.

"Ohh I see.. Lemme ask my aunt if I can walk around the trailers," I told her.

"Okay, Marian. (;" she replied.

I get off the couch and go into the bathroom. "Auntie, may I go outside and walk around the sets," I ask my aunt as she smears foundation on Avan Jogia.

It's for the show Twisted, and I had to keep my calm and pretend I didn't care at all.

"Yes, my dear. Just make sure you don't make a ruckus." I ran toward the door and shout, "Bye Tita Lea! I'll see you later!"

I continue texting Aubrey, looking down at my phone and forgetting that I was walking around different trailers.

"Hey! I'm outside. Guess who was in the trailer I was just in!" I texted in excitement.

"Who?! Don't tell me you're stalking people.." Aubrey replied.

"No! Of course not. It was Avan Jogia. He was so.. Oh my gosh," I was still in awe at the moment.

"Did you take a picture? Freak out?"

"Haha, no. I kept my calm and left the trailer." I smiled as I texted her. She always made me laugh because she knew I freaked out on every little thing I did.

"Just like that?" She questioned me.

Right as I was texting Aubrey back, I bumped into this five foot eight guy in cargo shorts and a white tank with pitch black sunglasses. His sunglasses fell. We both crouched down, but I got his glasses for him.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sor - " I was cut off by this guy.

He gazed at me for a moment and said, "Don't worry about it. It was my fault," he smiled and grabbed my hands.

"Oh, uhhmmm... no. I - I'm so -" "Hey it's fine," he laughed, "are you shaking?"

I didn't know that my arms were shaking like how someone feels on those massage chairs.

I looked at him and said, "N-no! Of course not. Why would I - I mean, uhm.." I couldn't speak. I mean, it was actually him. It was Jake T. Austin.

"Hey, I'm gonna be late, and don't worry. You didn't do anything bad," he grabbed his glasses from my hands, gave me a smile, and left me.

I was in shock for a few seconds, and then I ran to my aunt's trailer right away. I slammed the door behind me and jumped on the couch. I texted Aubrey.

"Oh my gosh. Aubrey. Oh my gosh."

"'Oh my gosh,' what?"

"AUBREY. OH MY GOSH."

"Dude. What happened? You know what, I'm calling you."

My phone rings right after I read the text, and I answer it. Aubrey seems really worried on the other end of the line, "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Oh my gosh! Aubrey! Aubrey! Aubr -" "WHAT?" she cut me off, and I continued stuttering on my words, "I met.. I bumped.. I - I -"

"Who?! Who'd you meet?" I could tell Aubrey was interested in what I had to say.

"AHHH! Aubrey, I'm so embarrassing." I couldn't get the strength in me to spill the words from my mouth.

"Okay, who'd you meet and what'd you do?!" She seemed like she was getting impatient with me.

"I can't breathe, dude," I said as I inhaled and exhaled rapidly.

"Catch your breath! You got me freaking out now," I could hear that she was really worried.

"Okay..." I say and she says, "Tell me now! Or else I'll go there and smack it out of you!"

"I met Jake," I say in a monotone voice. I closed my eyes thinking that Aubrey would scream from the other line.

"Oh, you met Jake. Finally, did you say anything to him?" it seemed so normal to her.

"You're not freaked out?" I questioned her since I was confused with her reaction.

"Of course I am, I'm just being calm since I'm at work."

"Have you not heard me hyperventilating this whole time?!" I say with my voice starting to fade off again.

"No wonder I couldn't understand you this whole time," she laughed, I knew she was covering her mouth.

"Shut up, I can't believe how embarrassing I was... I mean, I didn't do anything embarrassing.. I think, but he asked me if I was shaking.." my voice trailed off.

"Oh my gosh, Lara! That IS embarrassing!" Aubrey said through the other line.

"I know. Gosh, he looked straight at me!" "Haha, you probably freaked and closed your eyes after!" she laughed so much.

I began to feel red, "No... He had to go, so he let go of my hands and took his sunglasses."

"Wait. Hold up. He held your hands? Oh, girl. I bet you wanted to hold on longer!" I could tell she was really happy for me, but at the same time she mocked me.

"I wish, it's not like he'd want to hold on," I say with a head full of doubt. "But what if he did!" she said trying to give me courage.

"You think he'll actually go for a regular person like me?" I ask. "He might, but I don't know for sure. Maybe, my dear. You don't know that yet," Aubrey really had hope in me. I guess the only thing was to have faith in her words.

"Hey, Lara! I got to go! My shift starts in eight minutes. Come to my house after your aunt's work," Aubrey says in a quick voice. "But I was going to the mall, and -" she cut me off and said, "Go to the mall the next time auntie has work! We need to hang out at my place. I wanna see the reenactment of what happened with you and Jake," she was laughing on the other line. "Okay, Aubrey, see you later!" I say. "Bye, see you later, Lara!" She says before hanging up.

After she hung up, I take out my sketch pad out of my messenger bag and start drawing. My eyes started to get heavier and heavier until I blacked out.

"Sweetie, wake up. You've been sleeping for two hours already," I hear being whispered into my ear. "Wake up, I thought you wanted to go the mall?" My aunt says to me as my face was planted to my sketch pad.

"Aubrey wants me to sleepover at her house tonight," I say as I lift up my face off my sketch pad. I felt a piece of paper stuck on my forehead, and my aunt took it off.

"Okay, sweetie, let's go home and get some stuff for your sleepover, and I'll drop you off," Tita Lea says helping me get up from the couch.

We leave her workplace and go home to get some stuff for my sleepover with Aubrey. She drops me off, and Aubrey was at the door already.

"Finally! You're so slow, Lara!" she laughs and mocks me because I've been slow since we first met. We always make fun of each other. "Whatever, I only took ten minutes to find stuff to bring to your house!" I say to counter what she said, but I already knew I was slow. She laughs and takes my messenger bag. She gave me a tour of her house before we arrived at her bedroom.

She has a three-story modern house with a basement. Her home had an autumn theme. The basement was a grand home theater with imported couches from Japan. The first floor has a kitchen and living room for parties and big events, the second floor was her parents' and sister's rooms. Her parents' room was extremely big and very fancy. Her sister's room was like a child's paradise filled with toys and games. I was already amazed by this until we went up the stairs to the third floor.

I stepped up one more stair and I was in another living room. "Welcome to my bedroom floor, Lara," she says in a happy voice. "Wait, what? A floor all to yourself?" I questioned her. "Yes ma'am! I get a full floor after we moved to California since I'm the teenager of the house. So, let's go into my 'bedroom' now," she said running to the door I saw. She opens her two doors and I was fully amazed.

Her room was elegant and perfect. She has this beauty room covered with two curtains, a bathroom, and a queen sized bed. In her room was a staircase, and it led to another bed. She also has this balcony outside her window, and there was another staircase to the swimming pool and jacuzzi on the roof.

"So Lara, what do you want to do tonight?" Aubrey asked.

"I'm not sure, there's so many things we can do!" I was still in shock by her house, it was so simple yet it was so nice.

"Well get into your swimsuit, we'll go swimming on the roof," Aubrey said. "Oh, okay!" I went through my bag and changed.

"We'll watch a movie downstairs after," she says as we were walking up the stairs to her roof. It seems Aubrey planned everything out even without me saying anything.

After swimming and watching movies, we went back to her room. I rummaged through my bag looking for my compact case. I couldn't find it.

"Hey, Aubrey, did you see my compact case? I know it was in my messenger bag," I asked worriedly because that meant a lot to me.

"No, let me see your bag. Maybe I can find it," she takes my bag and looks through all the zippers.

"Aubrey, what if I dropped it when I met Jake."

"Did you see him holding your case? Didn't you put your number inside of it just in case it gets lost?" Aubrey asked.

"I didn't see him hold anything, well I'm not sure, I was freaking out at the moment, but I think I had my number inside the compact. Well, maybe I can find it when I go back with my aunt to her work," I say.

"Hey Lara, your phone is ringing, who's calling?" Aubrey questioned.

"What? It is?" I didn't even notice it. I was busy worrying about my compact case. "It's an unknown caller. Who can this be?"

"Answer your phone, Lara, it might be important. It might be the person who found your case!"

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey," it was a guy on the other side of the line.

"Uhm, who's this?" I asked.

"Oh, uhm.. This is, well, uh.. Uhm here's the thing. Are you Marian? I found this compact on the ground, and it seems valuable," the guy said.

"Oh my gosh! You found it! Where'd you find it?" I was so happy someone found my compact.

"I'm guessing you're Marian. Well, I'm at work right now, and well, uhm.. I'll just keep it in my trailer. Just call me if you ever come to the ABC Family studios to get your compact," says the guy.

"Uhm, can I get a name of who this is, so I can get it?" I asked.

"Oh yea, sorry! My name's Jake. Jake T. Austin."

At that moment I dropped my phone and looked at Aubrey. Aubrey's eyes widened.

I was speechless at that moment.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Jake says from the other line.

I pick up my phone, took a deep breath, and said, "Uhmm, yes! Oh yea, I'll just get it when Lea goes to work on Monday! Thanks for calling! Bye!"

Before he could say goodbye, I hung up and started screaming, "Jake T. Austin called me, Aubrey. Oh my goodness!"

__________________________

Well, that was chapter two for you all! I might end up editing this, but keep reading my new novel! There will be more of Jake in the next chapter, so stay tuned! Vote, comment, and follow, please! (: