6: Glasses

Hi you guys! You've made your way to chapter 6. I know my book isn't way popular but thanks anyways for continuing to read! I don't know what else to say, so enjoy the chapter!

__________________________

Chapter 6: Glasses

"Jake, where's the other cases shop you were talking about?" I ask as we walk out of Case Place.

He whines, "Lara, we've been to two cases stores for thirty minutes, and you haven't gotten any cases."

I didn't hear him because I was distracted by all the stores, "what?" I say smiling.

He smirks, "I see what's going on, you wanna spend time with me, don't you?"

I immediately defend myself, "No, I just want to find a good case." I honestly think spending time with him is fun, but he didn't need to know that.

"Oh really?" You can see the way he has something planned, "How about we eat something first? I'm starving!"

"Not yet, I want to get a case before the mall closes," I say.

"The mall isn't going to close until 10pm," he says, "So we're going to eat." He drapes his right arm around my shoulders and drags me.

I worry when he put his arm around me, there are a bunch of people at the mall, and it's kind of weird how no one has noticed Jake yet. What if people notice it's him?

I take his arm off my shoulders. "Is there anything wrong?" Jake asks immediately.

"Uhm, well, people might notice you and see I'm with you, and," he pauses me, and takes off his glasses and puts them in his pockets.

"You worry too much," he says in a calm tone while putting his arm around me again.

It took about 3 minutes before we got to the food court; immediately, my eyes are glued to the sushi place.

"So where do you want to eat?" Jake asks me.

"Well, that sushi place looks good," I point.

"I was about to recommend that," he says while pulling me with him towards the counter.

I stare at all of the selections.

In unison we say, "One order of the crunch roll," I look at Jake in amazement in how we ordered the same thing at the same time, he gazes at me and looks back at the cashier, "Make that two."

"That'll be $11.99, sir," the woman says.

I take out my wallet in order to pay my part of the bill, but Jake takes it from me.

"Jake, I need that," I say surprised by him taking it.

"This is my treat for the incident at Sonic," Jake says taking out his wallet and putting my wallet in his back pocket.

"Can I get my wallet back? I need it for later," I say.

"You need it for later, not now," he laughs as he grabs a twenty from his wallet. He hands the cashier the money, "keep the change."

We walk to a table at the corner of the food court and wait for our food.

I put my elbows on the table and rest my head. We have this awkward silence in which he just stares at me and I stare back.

Finally the silence was broken, "So after we eat we'll go to the fourth floor and find you a case," he points in a direction behind me.

"Oh, uhm.. Okay," I say turning around to see in what direction he's pointing towards.