24: Confusion

_________________________________

Chapter 24: Confusion

"Jake, this is too much," I check one of the price tags to a knee length dress inside the store.

Giorgio Armani.

I can't wear this.

"It's fine. I want my girlfriend to look amazing at the premiere," Jake looks at me with a smile plastered on his face before calling the young lady at the front register since I refused to choose a dress for myself. "I want something that will make her stand out," Jake smirks at the lady and then at me.

"I have just the dress, Mr. Austin," she takes out her tape measure and approaches me.

About forty five minutes later, I remove the dress I was stabbed with pins with. I'm telling you that lady hated me. It was pretty obvious since her eyes were sinister every time she pulled the cloth to make the dress tighter in one place and looser in the other.

"I can't wait to see you in that dress," Jake smiles out, taking my hand and wrapping it with his, "You're gonna make everyone look like your servants." I remove my hand from his immediately just in case someone notices us. He understood my sudden action, and we exit the store to mix in with the rest of the crowded mall.

"Jake, don't boost me up like that. Jennifer Lawrence is going to be there, she's a queen," I sigh out happily. "You're my queen," Jake playfully pushes me causing me to bump into a person walking the opposite direction.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to -" I stutter looking at the uniformed woman with a pink pencil miniskirt, a black suit jacket, and an identification card around her neck. Her face was plastered with foundation that was darker than her overall complexion which made me want to cringe.

"Oh no, it's fine -" she pauses taking in my appearance, "You look awfully familiar." Her eyes start analyzing me, looking at my facial features.

Jake wraps his arm around my waist and with a completely different pitch of voice, he declares, "Sorry, but we have to get going," I look at him, seeing a face of confidence. Thank goodness he has a beanie covering his face, eyeglasses that retract from his facial features, and clothes that completely differ from his style.

The female stops us from leaving, grabbing my wrist to turn me back. "You should come into our restaurant. We have a two-for-one special," she reveals her sparkly white teeth and I look at Jake, checking for approval, but I believe he didn't want to.

"Sorry... I think we're eating somewhere else," I state while keeping my eyes on Jake, waiting for him to speak. "Uhm... Yea. Well, we better be headed our way," he pushes pass the woman and hastily runs towards the escalator.

"Jake... What was the rush?" I question, confused by his sudden urge to leave. "We're not done shopping yet, and that girl looked awfully familiar," he states while looking forward, searching for the store he wanted to enter. "What do you mean, don't all girls in uniform look the same?"

He chuckles at my statement, "Babe, if you were in a uniform," he pauses for a moment thinking of a clever answer, "I'll tell the difference in a heartbeat." I feel my cheeks boil immediately, not knowing why his actions always made me giddy.

"But anyways... It's like I've seen her before," he looks up at the glass ceiling as if looking up will suddenly grab the memory. "It's her..." His face is filled with disgust and I couldn't help but scrunch my nose.

Who?

I raise my eyebrows waiting for his explanation, "One of those girls from the movie theatre. That bitch who's friends with the bitch."