26: Crazy

______________________________________

Chapter 26: Crazy

*
Point of View: Jake T. Austin
*

I feel the heat of June air flash my skin as I step out of my Bentley. It's so hot that I can feel my skin burning because of the scorching sun.

I can't believe I'm late for recording today. I would've woken up earlier, but I didn't want to wake myself up from the dream I had since Marian Lara was in it. The way she and I walked on a beach while the moonlight accompanied us - God, that was such an amazing dream. I need to tell her to go to dinner with me tonight, so after we can go on the beach and do just that.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and check to see if Lara texted me, but she didn't even send me a good morning text. Well, I'm gonna see her in a few minutes, so I'll just greet her instead of texting it.

I walk down the paved ground and look around for set 22; someone stole my parking spot, so I had to park by set 7. It's been so long since I had to park here since I always drove with Lara, and we were never late. I look up at the blocked buildings and search for the numbers and pass by set 9. I look forward and turn right to go through the shortcut I made months ago. I look up again and pass by set 13.

A few more minutes go by in silence, and I begin to hear faint, quick steps. I look to my left and right and do not see anyone in sight.

I continue to walk and see somebody running like crazy. I squint my eyes and realize it's Lara speedily sprinting with her eyes looking forward and notice she doesn't even know I'm right in front of her. A smile takes over my face as I put my arms out to wrap her in a hug. She's the first person I get to see in the morning. Her running doesn't slow, and instead of her jumping at me for a hug, her body pummels towards my chest. I grasp onto both of her arms before she can fall forward.

"Woah, babe. Why are you running around out here?" I can't help the grin on my face realizing that she's the first one to greet me today.

She doesn't answer me, and I hear her sniffle. "Babe. Marian Lara," I remove one hand from her arms and lift her chin up, "Look at me." Her eyes are dead shut and I remove my other hand from her arm to cup her face.

Has she been crying? Something is definitely wrong.

She keeps her eyes shut as she rests both of her hands gently on mine, but with a sudden movement, she pushes me away causing her to take three steps back.

"Don't you dare touch me," her voice holds pain and sadness as her glossy, red eyes reveal her sadness.

She's been crying. I need to know what's going on with her. Who did this and why is she like this.

"Babe," I feel her emotions welling up inside of her, making me want to hold her in my arms, "What happened?" I continue to gaze into her eyes, "Why were you crying? Who did this to you?" I step closer, wanting to hug her tight and wipe away all the tears formed in her eyes. I pull her into me, grabbing her by the waist, but she struggles to remove me.

"Stop. Stop it please, Jake," her voice is tied with desperation and neediness, like she's afraid of being near me. Her breathing is irregular, and she uses her hands to give her enough distance for us to look at each other's eyes. I stare right at her for a brief moment and realize her eyes are swollen and tears still fall from them. Who did this to her. I feel the sadness absorb into my eyes, and I feel guilty for not being with her when she's like this. "Lara... Tell me what happened. I need to know. Who did this to you? Why are tears falling from your eyes?" I beg her as I reach to wipe the tears continuously falling from her cheeks. She retaliates by screaming at me, "Don't touch me!" I flinch from her bluntness and remove my hands away from her face right away. She gasps from the loss of touch and doesn't look into my eyes.