35: Ice Cream

(Promise rings from the previous chapter is on the side)

I'm still a little but rough... Sorry. Enjoy the chapter :)

______________

35: Ice Cream

*
Point of View: Marian Lara Estrada
*

We've been in the car for only a few minutes, but the air conditioning seems like it's been on for hours since he sprinted from one side of Elysian Park to his car in five minutes when we took about an hour to walk that trail; in short, it's cold in the car. I was amazed by his speed, but I didn't want to comment on that due to his heavy panting as he continues to drive. Sweat drizzles down from his face to his chin, and all the way down to his neck as he continues to catch his breath. As time passes by, he moves his right hand across the gearshift, grabbing hold of my hand.

We are currently at a stoplight, cars zooming through the roads due to rush hour. As I look at Jake, his phone is keeping him occupied, so I do the same with my free hand.

As I refresh twitter, I see Jake's new post.

"@JakeTAustin: Just chillin with the best ♥︎;)" with a photo of his and my smoothies from Jamba Juice, a photo of the scenery at the park, and a photo of traffic.

I quickly favorite his tweet before looking at him, a permanent smile etched onto his face. "You're so weird, Jake," I chuckle out before he lifts my hand to his lips. "I know I am, but it's only because of you."

I roll my eyes at him, and he grabs my phone to see that I'm on twitter as well, "You weren't in any of my shots that I posted on my twitter, but I wanted to post the one we were in front of the water fountain." "You'll post it one day, but for now, it's on a down low," I squeeze his hand in reassurance but he still doesn't return my phone.

"Can I post a photo of us on your twitter?" He asks. I shake my head 'no,' making a pout form on his lips. "Can I post a picture of me holding your hand?" His eyes light up in hope, causing me to roll my eyes once again, "Jake, will that make you stop and give me back my phone?"

"Yes," he sweetly states before putting our intertwined hands near the gearshift. I hear a click right away, and I see him typing something for a caption.

He places the phone back into my hand, and I read the caption he had typed:

"@marilara_E: Nothing better than hangin' with the best ;) - ♥︎"

I quickly refresh my timeline, but no one seems to mind me since I don't have that many followers compared to Jake. I return back to his profile and realize over thousands of his fans commented, retweeted, and favorited his single tweet with three photos. I scroll down the comments, seeing that many people are wondering who he is with.

...

"@fosterjesusismysavior @JakeTAustin Oh my god! Where are you? Who are you with??"

"Fostersismylife143 @JakeTAustin: that's a girl's hand in the background! Who is it???"

"@JTAis4ever @JakeTAustin are you coming over to pick me up? I'm waiting xD"

"@andrea_jacobs143JTA @JakeTAustin can't you take a photo with her already? Your tweets have been driving us insane!!"

"@sexJTA_love @JakeTAustin She doesn't love you. I LOVE YOU MORE. She won't even show her face!!!"

...

My eyebrows furrow as I look at the replies... They don't even know me, but they seem so angered. "Jake, you know that I love you, right?" I ask him as the car begins to accelerate; Jake can read these comments I'm reading at anytime, and for some reason, it makes me uneasy because that can make him change his mind on me. He nods his head, glancing at me for a second before returning it to the road, "Of course, I do. That's why I got us promise rings. Is there anything wrong?"