14: Clip

__________________________________

Chapter 14: Clip

*
Point of View: Marian Lara Estrada
*

The sun is so bright. How long have I been asleep? I carefully open my left eye, "What time is it?" I croak.

Right in front of me, I see Jake leaning on my cupboard with his eyes closed.

He's sleeping...

His neck is going to kill him later.

Wait a minute... What's he doing in my room? Wait, how did I get in my room?

"Jake," I whisper, "Jake!"

He isn't moved by whisper. I sit up on my bed and I feel a sharp pain in my head.

"Ouch!" I flinch as I feel like my head is going to explode any minute. I lay back down and stare up at the ceiling. I groan and look to my right and I see Jake heavily breathing.

"Jake?" I whisper again.

He raises his eyebrows, "mhm?"

"Jake... You awake?" I ask in a softer tone.

He stretches his arms out and rubs his eyes, so he can open them all the way.

He runs his hand through his hair and pauses midway and looks at me. "I almost forgot I'm in your room... good morning."

He has a grin stretching from cheek to cheek and he pushes himself up to his feet. Before he could say anything, he grasps his neck and flinches in pain.

"Agh, my neck," he voices out. I knew it. His neck is gonna kill him.

"S-sorry," I say right after. "Why are you apologizing?" He asks right away.

"B-because, uhm... Your neck hurts, and it wouldn't have been in pain if you hadn't slept on the floor," I felt my cheeks redden.

He raises his eyebrow and chuckles, "Really? Don't worry about it; it's not your fault."

He continues to hold on to his neck and speaks, "I'm going to rinse my face. It's about," he looks at his watch, "half past nine, so we have about an hour to get ready." He holds out his free hand in front of me, "I'll help you up. Your head must be killing you."

He grabs hold of my hand and pulls me towards his body.

"Uhm, I'm still not use to your weight," he chuckles as my hands lay on his chest. "Uhm, it's fine. I'm sorry," I seem to say very quietly. We walk out of my room and go to the fifth floor.

"Austin! Wake up! We gotta wake up Lara and Jake!" I hear a scream coming from the guest bedroom.

"I bet they're awake since you've been screaming at me to wake up!" Another voice screams as he laughs.

Before we could knock on the door, it opens and Austin and Aubrey's eyes widen as they see us.

"W-what are you doing here?" Aubrey asks.

"I can say the same thing," I cross my arms. The last thing I remember is that they stayed at the restaurant.

She grins happily, "Because we slept here. How was your sleep?"

I start to blush and Jake interrupts, "Uhm, lets hurry on... We don't wanna be late for the taping. Aunt Lea already sent me eight text messages."

*****

After about thirty minutes, I look at myself in the mirror.

Black jeans, floral tank top, nude pumps, and a gold necklace.