21: More

It's two o'clock in the morning.... and I'm writing this chapter. WOO.

___________________________

Chapter 21: more

*

Point of View: Jake T. Austin

*

When Lara was in the kitchen...

"Since when? I thought you didn't want a girlfriend. I thought you wanted to 'try out the waters'," David asks after knowing that Lara is out of sight.

I thought about what he said for a moment. I did say that to him, but that was before I met Lara. Honestly, it was about a month or two ago before I even laid my eyes on her. It was the night he took me out with Ryan and Moises.

Try out the waters. Did I really say that?

"Yea... About that," I pause for a moment and continue onwards, "That was before I met Lara. I know it's hard to believe, but I haven't seen a girl who could compare to her. Yea, she has flaws and all, but I don't know, I feel like they don't even matter. Marian - I mean, Lara, is indescribable." I say this more to myself than to him as I explain, reminding me of how lucky I am to have a person to be a part of my life.

As soon as I realized what I have just said, I felt a smile molded onto my cheeks as I see David's eyes light up. "Wow, Jay, I can't believe one girl can do this to you. It's remarkable how she can have this effect on you. I mean - I remember all those other girls you'd take home when we get here," he points to my flooring with his index finger and continues on, "You'd just kick them out when you got bored. After all, you did get heartbroken once with that other -"

I pause his statement as my face drops down into an instant frown. "Don't even remind me. She used me just to get into a movie, and you know that," I spit as I feel my blood boiling.

Anna Sophia Robb. She messed with my heart, and I didn't even realize it until after the relationship. She went to all my premieres as my date: of course I brought her since she was my girlfriend. Then, people and papparazzi got in the way and she got her modeling and acting career started there. How could I be so dense... I don't even know.

"Jake, you were so infatuated with her you never realized that she was using you. No one noticed until after she left you," David speaks in a quiet tone with sorrow and annoyance embedded in his words, "She's as plastic as barbie can get."

I smirk at his response, "Yea, I know. She's a complete bitch and I -"

My statement gets cut off by a loud shatter coming from the kitchen.

I dash away from David who I was currently walking with to the kitchen to see what Lara was doing. Why the hell was there a glass shattering noise? My immediate thoughts go out to Lara, who was alone in the kitchen.

"Lara! Are you okay?" I breathe out as I see an empty kitchen with the sink running down with steaming water. She was cleaning the dishes. Suddenly, an arm rose above the counter, "Yea, I'm fine!" I hear Lara's voice go high as she waves her arm without raising her head.

"Are you sure you're -" I begin to say but was cut off by Lara's high-pitched screech.

"Ow!"

I immediately run around the counter and see the sight before me. Shattered glass on my kitchen floor with Lara right before it. Her hair covered most of her face as she waves her hand that previously had a glass shard pierced through her skin.

Blood sliding down her bare arm by the second.

How the fuck did this even happen?

"Lara!" My voice slips out as my eyes grow with panic, "David! Grab the first aid kit!" my voice rises, so David can hear me. He's taking his sweet time to get here, and that is not helping at the moment with the condition Lara is in. I move my head left and right to see what I can do to help Lara, and my eyes dart towards the broom. I quickly swipe away the glass shards, scratching my kitchen floor in the process, in order to get the glass away from Lara. I pour it all into a separate bin as I make my way back to where Lara is still sitting. Her eyes are focused on the broom I placed back in it's spot, and I realize that she's out of it. It's like her mind is not where she is currently.