44: Sudden

• Use Somebody - Boyce Avenue feat. Hannah Trigwell (Cover)

• Wrecking Ball - Boyce Avenue feat. Diamond White (Cover)

• Fireproof - One Direction

• Steal My Girl - One Direction

• Love Me Harder - Ariana Grande

• Tomorrow Never Dies - Five Seconds of Summer
_________
44: Sudden

*
Point of View: Jacob Christopher Camareno
*
I enter back into the car - Mason and Charlie in unison saying, "Finally!" I shake my head at them, "What's the rush? We still have a lot of time?" I felt a little bit of disappointment leaving Lara so soon, but noticing my brother's face in agony due to his hunger, I realize he does need to eat.

"We were in the car for more than fifteen minutes waiting for your ass - I mean, butt," Mason backs out of the driveway, stuttering his words as he changes it from ass to butt due to my brother's presence. I glare at him for a moment, then defend myself, "What? No - we were outside for a few minutes at most, it wasn't that long -" "JayJay! I told you! My essay said you feel like time is going by too quickly when you're with her!" Charlie blurts out as soon as I try to defend myself from Mason. "Essay?" Mason's voice raises, intrigued by Charlie, "What essay?"

"Nothing - Charlie doesn't mean -"

"I wrote an essay explaining why JayJay has a crush on Lara," he states - proud that he got an A I'm assuming, "I noticed all the intricate details my brother does and wrote it all out." Mason holds in his laughter by biting his lower lip, then glances at me as he drives, "It's funny how everyone notices that you like her except you and Lara herself." I think about his reply, but half of it isn't true. I know I like Lara, but I've held in my emotions - knowing that that's the best choice. I rather see her happy with her relationship instead of regretting being with me, "I don't like her; she's just a -"

"Jay, if you say friend one more time I will beat the living friend out of you," he playfully threatens, replacing the word, 'shit,' making Charlie laugh. I swear, my brother is more of a friend to my teammates due to his outgoing personality. "Now let me continue what I was saying," Mason returns his eyes to the snowy road, making turns and turns as he drops us home, "I don't understand how Lara cannot see how you like her. I mean - you've basically done everything a boyfriend should do, yet she doesn't even reciprocate a small portion of your love which sucks because you two are my relationship goals." I try to block off his assumptions and ideas of me acting like Lara's boyfriend. Right away, I feel a soft boiling feeling in my hand: not wanting to be compared to a figure I do not even know anything about - I mean, Lara's boyfriend is this celebrity from California, but I have no idea how he treats her. I don't know how he won her heart, how amazing or terrible he is, the way he and her speak; I don't even know what's going on with their relationship; she doesn't tell me anything involving him, she doesn't flaunt it around saying she has a celebrity for a boyfriend or if she's received any gifts or presents. All in all, she doesn't say how they're relationship is maintained... And in all honesty, that worried me - I don't even know how it's possible.

I mean, like Mason, all my teammates have recognized how I act towards her; I explain to them it's because I treat her like a friend, but really, I treat her like she's mine. I treat her in the best way I can without getting my emotions tangled, and it's difficult to deny the fact I do like her. They consistently ask why I don't go for her: I tell them we're just friends; I've been holding back, telling them it's because I'm not prepared, but in reality, I don't want them to know that she has a boyfriend and I do not know if I can compete. If they found out about her having a boyfriend, not only will they try destroying her relationship (even though Lara is capable ignoring all of it - I mean, she's been struggling through this long distance relationship for months now), but they may ruin my chances with her at the same time - assuming that I may be part of their twisted schemes and plans. I prefer to take my time, and if anything happens to her relationship, I'll be there.