10: Drink

__________________________________

Chapter 10: Drink

"I like you, Lara," Jake looks me in the eyes. I'm speechless.
"Lara, don't you like me, too?" He asks me since I don't reply.
"I- I- I," I keep stuttering. Shoot, what am I going to do. How am I going to tell him.
"Lara..."

His voice is fading.

"Lara."

Jake, I like you too.

"Lara."

Why can't I speak...

"Marian... Marian Lara."

"Marian Lara!" My aunt says whispering in my ear while shaking my shoulder.

"Ugh..... Auntie, four more minutes, please," I say while covering my face with the pillow.

"Marian Lara Estrada!" she shakes me, "We're going to be late for work!"

"Auntie... I'm tired, please auntie," I muffle in my pillow.

She sighs, "What did you do last night that's making you so tired?"

'See you in the morning.'

"N-nothing, I'm just exhausted from the mall," I say thinking of what happened last night at my bedroom door.

"Mhm... I should ask Sir Jake," she says covering her mouth to chuckle.

"Auntie, no! That's so embarrassing!" I sit up straight looking her in the eye, "No, no, no, no, no!"

"You still haven't gotten over that crush, haven't you," she pokes my forehead lightly.

"Auntie, shhhhhhhhh! He might hear you! Shhhhhhh," I panic and cover my face with the pillow. I felt flames rushing in my cheeks, "Auntie!"

"Don't worry, dear," she couldn't keep a straight face, "He's in the shower. I woke him up fifteen minutes ago. Maybe he's done now."

"Auntie," I speak in my pillow, "He doesn't know anything about my crush, right?" Her face changes, "Honey, he doesn't know. Don't worry."

"You positive, auntie?!" I ask in reassurance.

She gets up, "Yes I'm sure, but it's just hilarious to see your reaction. Aubrey's right!" She bursts out laughing.

"She told you I freak out like this?!" My eyes widen with curiosity.

"No, but when her family visits I see her laughing while looking at her phone," she continues to chuckle and walks out of my room, "Get ready, dear."

Oh dear, I forgot how crazy we get when we FaceTime.

I get up from my bed, "Ugh... Here we go." I grab my towel and clothes and walk up to the fifth floor. It took me awhile, I mean, it's the morning.

I knock on the bathroom door, "Anyone in there?"

"Hold on, I'm almost done!" Jake screams from the other side of the door. I hear the sink turn off. He opens the door and I see that he's only wearing his boxers.

"Oh, buenos dias," I say smiling.

"Buenos dias," his left eyebrow raises and he wears a small smile that tugged on his left cheek, "Your turn." He walks out and I smell a faint scent of Dove soap in the air.

It took me about twenty minutes to shower, and I got dressed. A knock comes at the door, "Yes?"

It was Jake on the other side, "Are you almost done? Your aunt left you, so you're riding with me."

Auntie. Why.

"Uhm, I'm almost done, I just have to brush my teeth -"

"Oh, can I come in then? I need to brush my teeth, I just ate breakfast."

Auntie made breakfast for him... Lucky.

I put the toothbrush in my mouth and open the door. I think I swung it too quickly because Jake seemed surprised that I opened the door.

Damn. I bet he thinks I'm too eager to see him.

He walks in and grabs the Colgate toothpaste and his toothbrush, and I look directly at the mirror. Jake looks at the mirror and starts brushing his teeth as well. Good thing there are two sinks, or it'd be awkward.

Time passes and I leave the bathroom before Jake does. As I walk down the staircase, I hear Jake, "Wait up, Lara!"

I go into my room and grab my cell phone. Before leaving my room, I check myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a white tank top, a navy blue cardigan, cream lace shorts, and red converse. I see Jake leaning on my door, "You ready to go?"

He's wearing a blue plaid shirt, khakis, and black converse.

My face turns red, "Uhm, I'm gonna put some powder on, my face seems -"

"No."

I'm shocked by what he says, "what?"

He removes his back from my door and approaches me. "You don't need that," he says while grabbing my powder, "You look fine the way you are."

"Uhm, can I have that, I know when I need it," I tell him as quietly as possible. "No," he walks out of the room taking my powder with him.

What the heck.

I grab my Chapstick and put some on and walk out of my room.

I go down to the first floor and see him tying his shoes. "Are you ready?" He asks holding out his keys.

"Uhm, I kinda want my powder, please," I say in a hushed tone. He answers with a simple no and opens the front door.

We get in to his car, and we start driving. After about 32 minutes, I notice we aren't in the direction of ABC studios.

"Wait, where are we going?" I ask not knowing the roads we are on.

He answers back, "The beach. We're filming the scenes there today, and we might be there till midnight."

"What?! I didn't pack any extra clothes or any sunscreen or -" I start to panic and Jake hushes me.

"Don't worry, I have some sunscreen," he states, "but I don't have extra clothes unless you want my clothes, but I think Auntie Lea has some."

"Haha, I'll ask Auntie, but you'll be my last resort," I poke his arm while smiling.

******

"So Selena slipped and fell on me, spilling her iced coffee all over my favorite shirt," Jake laughs.

"Oh my gosh, so that's why your shirt had a stain in one of those episodes, I thought I was just seeing things," I smile revealing my left cheek dimple. He's telling me about a time he was on Wizards of Waverly Place.

"Haha, yea, people didn't really notice since my character is usually messy," he looks straight out the window, "We're here!"

We're here. That went by quickly..

I look at my phone, 11:11am.

"OH MY GOSH, MAKE A WISH!" I scream out really loudly.

Jake jumps in his seat, freaked out by my scream. "What?"

"Sorry, it's 11:11, and it's time to make a wish," I say turning towards the window.

It's silent for a minute, "Done!" We say in unison.

He made a wish, too.

We get out of his car. "Well, you want me to walk you to where Auntie is?" Jake asks when both of us were out of his car.

"Oh no, it's fine. You're gonna start recording soon, so I'll look for her," I smile and take a step back, "I'll see you later!"

Before I could turn around and separate my ways, Jake grabs my arm and twists me around, "Uhm, wait. Later, we should, y'know, hang out," he voices out as he looks at my hand.

"Uhm, y-yea, of course," he releases his grip and I wave goodbye and run towards the trailers lined up. I start to look at all the trailer names.

I wonder who Auntie is helping out today. Maybe Cierra Ramirez, or Bianca Santos, or maybe Teri Polo.

How come she didn't tell me that filming was taking place at a beach?

From me contemplating, I bump into a tall guy.

"S-s-sorry, I didn't mean to," I think the person didn't hear me. I look straight at the ground not trying to make eye contact, and I see papers flowing on the ground.

He's one of the actors for the Fosters.

"Oh no, it's fine, I wasn't really paying attention," he kneels down and grabs his papers. He looks up at me and smiles, "Oh, it's you!"

David Lambert remembers my face.

"You're here!" He exclaims, "L-Lara right?"

I nod. He remembers my name, too.

"Uhm, Brandon! I mean, David, uhm.. Sir, Mr. David," I say not knowing how to call him.

"Just call me David," he says with a comforting smile. "Uhm, okay," I say looking at the papers in his hands.

"So, what brings you here?" He rolls his papers and slams it into his left hand.

I reply with a question, "Did you see my aunt anywhere? I've been looking for her."

"Oh! Come with me, I know where she is," he turns around signaling me to follow him.

So she's not in the trailers.

David leads me near the waters, "She's right over there," he points at a mob of people talking and laughing. I squint my eyes, "Where? Oh! There she is!" I look at David, "Thank you!"

He smiles, "You want me to walk with you over there?" "Oh, it's fine, you don't have to -"

"That wasn't really a question," he walks and smiles revealing his teeth.

Well, okay.

About halfway through our journey, Jake runs towards David and I. "Hey, I thought you were getting some drinks?" Jake looks directly at David.

"Yea, but Lara was looking for Ms. Lea, so I helped her out," he points at me, giving me a signal to speak. Jake raises both of his eyebrows and crosses his arms.

"I thought you said -"

Before he could end his sentence, I reply, "When are you guys gonna start recording?"

"After David got drinks, we were suppose to start," he replies back.

"Oh," I say. I look towards the mob of people. I see my aunt starting to approach.

Thank you, Auntie.

"Hey, Sir Jake! Sir David!" She waves her right arm in our direction, "You guys are going to record now," she smiles and adjusts her sunglasses.

David and Jake look at each other and back at me, then at my aunt, "Thanks," they say in unison and walk towards the director. They seemed a bit angered with each other, but why.

"That's weird, David said he was going to get some drinks," my aunt says looking at the two walk over to the director.

"He helped me look for you because I didn't know where you were," I say looking at my aunt's face.

"We should buy them drinks then," she suggests, "We're gonna be here for a while because this is one of the important scenes!"

"Auntie, how come you didn't tell me that we were gonna be going here?"

"Oh, I forgot. I'm sorry, sweetie," she says patting my back, "Let's get you some clothes on our way before getting some drinks, there's an outlet twenty minutes by foot, and they won't need me 'til later for the intense makeup."

I nod. "Wait, what intense makeup? For what?" I question her. She takes my hand and drags me away from the scene that was about to take place.

"Oh, that's a surprise. I'm not allowed to tell," she smirks and pretends to zip her lips.

I look back and see Jake and David take off their shirts. They're standing by Cierra Ramirez, Bianca Santos, Maia Mitchell, and the rest of the cast. They seem like they're about to have the time of their lives.

They're having a beach scene...

What's so intense about that?

__________________________________

Hey viewers! I hope you guys are enjoying the book. I'm sorry if I don't update all the time. Please vote, it'll mean so much!