42: See the Light

I actually approve of this chapter. I like it a lot actually :)

Songs for this chapter:

• Note to God - Charice Pempengco

• Talking to the Moon - Bruno Mars

• Without You - Chris Brown

• Just A Little Bit of Your Heart - Ariana Grande

• The One I've Waited For - Austin Mahone

• Best Friend - Jason Chen

• I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

______________

42: See the Light

*

Point of View: no perspective

*

The sky has darkened to midnight blue. The only things shining are artificial - the cars, the light posts, the buildings, and the stop lights. The phone continuously rings, but he cannot answer it. His mind is occupied: he sees the truck coming towards him - his hands quickly hold onto the steering wheel, his foot slamming the breaks.

Incoherent words escape his mouth, his muscles tensing as he tries to dodge this truck; the truck, however, is the one at fault. Although Jake had driven clearly under bad circumstances, he has the right of way. The truck coming towards him does not stop at the light, coming towards his car for reasons unknown. Jake continuously honks, trying to alert the driver, but it's too late.

As the driver of the truck swerves his car away, the damage brought is great. Jake's head slams against his window, the blood forming up at his brain while an airbag slams against his chest. His body is barely missed by the truck - but the deed was done; his eyes begin to close slowly, but the ringing keeps him up.

He tries reaching for his phone, hearing the constant ring as if it's a sign of hope - a silver lining. His hand taps at it, his fingers trying to grip at the screen. His voice croaks out a single word repetitively, "Lara." As he finally takes hold of the phone, he lifts it near his head, the screensaver appearing to be his girlfriend smiling. As he is about to slide his thumb against the screen though, the ringing stops - the face of the woman he loves disappearing into a black screen.

His face drops, his eyes droop to a close, and in one swift motion, his phone falls onto his lap as unconsciousness overcomes him - slowly, and all at once.

The man in the truck is conscious, being protected by his airbag. He opens his door right away, falling onto his hands. He pulls himself up, his heavy body difficult to stand. The truck driver sways around, drunk. He quickly realizes his actions, however, pulling out his phone while walking towards this young celebrity. In mere minutes, news reporters, ambulances, firetrucks, and police surround the intersection. The man in the truck - even though committing a good deed at his non-sober times - is arrested for DUI, and is pulled into a police car.

The firemen run towards the ruined car, figuring out how to remove this young actor. Immediately, they pry open the door, catching him before he hits the floor while his phone slams against the cement. Blood drips from his head all the way to his chin, but he is unfazed - unmoved. These men carry him to the ambulance car, sirens already blaring in the open space. Wires are immediately connected, trying to wake up this young man. One of the men inside the ambulance van takes out his wallet, checking for any source of identification. His ID is found and scanned, and right away, they knew who he is. They pump oxygen into his lungs, wipe the blood off his face, and rip off his shirt. His chest moves - inhaling and exhaling slowly - losing him by the second. The man in a black uniform screams, "Drive faster, damn it!" The man in uniform pushes his hands against the young man's chest, making him breathe more.

Infinite - Jake T. Austin Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara