17: Today

_________________________________

Chapter 17: today

I flutter my eyes open and feel a huge headache rush to my head. I see the setting I'm in and automatically know I'm not in my room.

Where am I?

I feel two arms locked around my waist as I try to move off the bed.

I blink my eyes, once, twice, three times.

Should I see whose arms are around my body...

I quickly turn and see Aubrey fast asleep, thinking I'm a pillow.

Oh thank goodness.

What happened last night...

(Flashbacks to Last Night will all be italicized)

I look up and see we're at Gerry's Bar and Grill.

"This place has the best food, so I thought it'd be nice to take you here!" David exclaims as he rushes out the car and goes to my side.

I smile in return and get out of the car.

Aubrey and Austin walk towards us with worry in their eyes, but I ignored all of it, so David wouldn't feel bad.

"Aubrey, Austin, didn't you two go here before?" David asks not having a clue in the world.

Austin answers for Aubrey, "Oh yea, we rented a karaoke room and the food was fantastic."

We slowly approach the entrance and I felt myself tense up. What if that guy is still here...

I remember a plethora of scenes that happened right after we entered and felt my pounding head. Right, I got a bruise there.

David smiles, "I see, well, I met my friend by the bar. He use to work here but apparently he got fired."

I look straight up at Aubrey and Austin who gave me the same reaction I gave them. Are you serious... It can't be that same guy who - it can't be.

"Really?" I say in a high pitched voice, "that's awesome how you met up with your friend."

"Yea, I told him to sit by us because he's alone tonight," he says as he scoots me over to the end of the booth.

I look at a figure approaching us, and see that it is him.

"Hey, guys. I'm Quinn," he sticks out his hand to shake my hand and smirks, "Pleasure to meet you."

Hesitantly, I shake his hand and let go right away. "Lara," I say squeakily. I look up at Aubrey who's fighting the urge to jump that man right now.

Austin stands up, "nice to meet you, man." He puts out his hand and firmly grasps Quinn's. I saw the pain in Quinn's face as Austin did not want to let go.

"Quinn, have a seat," David gestures to him to sit by him. I couldn't look him in the eyes and I stared right at my phone.

"Is everything alright?" David questions.

I was about to respond when I hear Quinn scream in pain, "Ow!"

"Sorry, Austin just startled me a little," Aubrey says innocently as she stares at Austin. "Yea man, sorry. It's just a thing I do with her." I stare right at them and see that it was no accident that they kicked him.

I look back at my phone and begin to text Jake,

"Where are you? You don't have to come here, you know. I'm fine."