22: Hidden

__________________________________

22: Hidden

I pierce my steak and start cutting a small piece for me to take a bite. I look at Jake and David who're having a heated conversation on baseball. I don't know anything about men: first, football, then, basketball, and now, baseball.

Well, at least Jake's not talking about 'us,' and David isn't suspicious with Jake when he ran off the scene he was filming to answer David's question.

I told Jake not to tell David about our relationship earlier when we were following and drove to this restaurant we're at now. I hope it's not mentioned any time soon in this restaurant; especially since we're eating with forks and knives and expensive china.

"So Lara... You like your steak?" David diminishes my thoughts. I look up from my dish at two guys staring at me intently but immediately look back down. "Oh, yea. It's good," I smile and maneuver my head to look at Jake.

"Babe - I mean, Lara. You got a little something on your -" Jake's mouth grew into a smirk as he points to his lips, and I remember the time he went and ate at Auntie's house. I glare at him for a brief moment and avert my attention to David, "What did you order again?"

David doesn't speak for a few seconds, staring at Jake in the process. "Wait, did you just call Lara, babe?" His voice is indifferent and a little bit louder. My eyes widen because I didn't even realize Jake said that. I look up from my plate and see David sending daggers towards Jake with his eyes... But why is David acting like this?

Doesn't he like Maia Mitchell or something? Why is he suddenly so irritated by the way Jake called me babe?

Jake simply wipes his mouth with the red cloth and clears his throat, "Yea. It's just a friendly gesture, David. Nothing's going on," he looks at me to approve his statement, but all I can do is nod and give a weak smile and continue eating.

David doesn't seem to believe Jake, but either way he reverted the topic back to baseball, leaving me alone to my thoughts once again.

*****

I've been walking around ABC studios since I don't want to stay on set the whole time and ruin the Fosters for myself. I mean, I love that show... Especially now that I can support Jake.

I enter the elevator I got trapped in a few weeks ago and take my phone out to check my text messages and notifications. I click on the twitter app and see I've gained four new followers:

@OnedirectionFORlife143YAYYYYY is now following you.

Those typical fanbases that unfollow after a few days...

@mahoneforlifeasdfghjkl is now following you.

@cierraramirez is now following you.

@dglambert is now following you.

Oh my god, Cierra and David follows me back. I smile to myself and look through my timeline and favorite/retweet tweets I see until one tweet in particular popped up.

"@dglambert: If I find out that that was a lie, I swear I don't know what I'm capable of doing."

What was he referring to? What does he mean he doesn't know what he's capable of doing? My hands begin to perspire as I click on his timeline and read the tweets he's been posting the past few weeks.

You've got to be kidding me... My eyes halt at one specific tweet he tweeted three weeks ago:

"@dglambert: if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get. She's worth it."