32: Switch

____________________________________

32: Switch

I wake up feeling a heavy presence on my body. An arm is wrapped around me, and I begin to panic. Where am I? I look up to see his eyes closed, his lips connected onto my forehead, and his chest revealed.

Did he sleep in the same bed as me?

Oh my lord.

How did I not feel his presence when I knocked out?

I feel the heat rise not only to my cheeks, but also my body itself due to his body heat and the blanket covering us. I need to get out of his grip, or else I'll pass out from this extreme heat.

I begin to squirm in his arms, trying to remove myself without waking him up. His grip tightens instead of loosening, and I feel myself gasp for air. "Good morning," he whispers into my hair. His voice is lower than usual, and I almost lose track of what I was trying to do moments prior. His voice sounds so daring and attractive right now - deep and raspy. It seems as if he's numb to the fact that he's in bed with me.

I cover my mouth with my hands, not wanting him to smell my breath. I mumble out a good morning, and he pulls out of his grip and stares at me, "Is there a particular reason why your hands are covering your mouth?" I shake my head, and at the same time, I remove the heavy blanket over our bodies to escape the heat.

Immediately, I feel the air conditioning hit my skin, and I run right into his bathroom squeaking that it's cold. I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I'm in nothing but my undergarments and a t-shirt.

Wait. What.

He took off my clothes?

I feel myself blush even harder now realizing Jake must've taken off my clothes last night. I wonder how he reacted to seeing me like this. I hold onto the material of the shirt but almost right away, fear runs in my head noticing all of the vivid dark marks all over my body.

He took off my clothes and saw all of these abusive markings.

I splash water on my face, trying to remove the makeup that's smudged under my eyes after crying and sleeping. Every time I look at myself in the mirror, I internally scold my entire being.

I should have stood my ground better against that asshole.

I turn off the faucet and wipe my face on the towel hanging on one of the bar ledges. As I wipe my face, I feel arms gently wrapping around my torso, and his lips connect with my neck.

"Why'd you run out of our room," his voice is so gentle and sincere without any sign of disappointment. I continue to wipe my face, covering my mouth with the towel.

"Toothbrush," I state.

"What?" He questions, seemingly amused by me being entrapped in his arms while my face is buried in the towel.

"Toothbrush," I repeat in the same tone, getting a little annoyed.

"I'm sorry, could you say that again, babe?" His voice is latched with a teasing tone, making me roll my eyes and removing the towel from my mouth.

"I said, tooth -"

But before I can say anything else, my body is turned around to face him and his lips collide with mine, softly pushing pressure until my back is against the wall. His hands slowly cup my neck as my arms drop the towel and hug his torso.

He removes his lips from mine, and I automatically gasp for air. "Now, what did you want?" His smirk is evident on his face, and I can't help but smile when I try to say the same word one more time, "I said I wanted a -"