13: Bedtime

_________________________________

Chapter 13: Bedtime

*
Point of View: Aubrey Lynn Bautista
*

"It's better to wait," Austin says in a quiet, but audible voice.

"That guy is going to - ugh," I'm so annoyed. We're sitting at a booth in the restaurant, waiting for everyone to leave. Austin says I shouldn't cause a ruckus with everyone at the restaurant, so I listened.

I swear, I didn't even need to hear everything Jake said. All I knew is that Lara was crying. Hell, I'll make sure that barista will never go near my best friend.

****

It was now 1 a.m. Only me, Austin, the manager, and the barista are here. Austin told the manager what happened, so he won't be surprised if his barista gets hurt.

"I'm gonna beat the living hell out of that guy," I say in a frustrated voice.

"Babe, you gotta calm down, we're inside a restaurant," Austin says in a whisper while holding my shoulders.

"Babe, it's either you let go of me, or you're going to get hurt," I say. God, Lara, that guy's going to pay.

Austin doesn't let go of me, so I shake my way loose and run towards the bar. He looks at me when he has a stupid smirk on his face.

"May I help you, miss?" The barista says.

"Get that smirk off your face, asshole," I seem to scream out and slap his face.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" The guy says with his smirk still plastered on his face.

I grab the collar of his shirt, "Listen here. You hurt my friend, and you're going to pay."

He chuckles at me, "Like you can do shit to me, bitch. Your friend is gonna be mine. What's her name again? La-"

Before he could say anything, all my anger went into my fist and came onto his face. "Don't you dare say her name! She doesn't want a guy like you, you piece of shit."

He fell on the ground and before I could hit him another time, Austin wraps his arms around my body with both my arms. "Babe, it's okay. You're done. You're done."

"Ow. Damn," the barista holds his jaw and stands up right away. "That was pretty good... For a bitch," a smirk was still evident on his face.

Austin let go of me right away and slams the barista right on to the ground. He uses his fist and punches him right on his left cheek.

Damn.

"Never call my girlfriend a bitch!" He screams out loud as he slams another punch.

"What are you gonna do about it, pretty boy?" The barista wasn't gonna stop.

Austin stands and lifts him in the air, "THIS."

Austin punches the guy, and he slams his head onto the bar. He punches the asshole right in the abdomen.

The barista looks at him in disgust and wipes his mouth that dripped with blood. He punches Austin in the face, but not enough to leave a mark. Austin grabs his arm and twists it to the back and pushes him to the ground. His head slams to the ground. The guy gets freed and punches Austin in the stomach.

Oh. Hell. No.

I sprint and punch the guy and flip him to the ground. "Don't you dare touch him!"

Austin pulls me off and he slams his fist right into the barista's stomach, and he seemed unconscious.

After he was done, the manager walks out.

"He's fired, don't worry," says the manager. "He deserves it."

"Thanks Clint," Austin says as he walks towards me.

I put both my hands on his chest, and he wraps me into a tight embrace. "No one hurts my girl or her friends," he whispers near my ear, "Let's go to Lara's house to check up on her."

He leaves a kiss on my cheek. We walk towards the exit, but before we could leave, the guy wakes up from unconscious state and says while on the floor, "I'm not done. I. Am. Not. Done."

I look back and see him staring at both of us with hatred in his eyes, but at that moment, I did not care. Austin grabs hold of my hand and I speak, "Try anything again, and I'll make sure you'll regret it."

The barista's smile never diminished; instead he lays there until we leave the restaurant.

******

*
Point of View: Jake T. Austin
*

Finally a red light. I look at the back seat and see her laying peacefully asleep. Her tears shine as the light reflected upon her face.

What did that guy say to her? I need to know.

After about 45 minutes, we arrive at Lara's house. I get out of my car and run to the front door and it's left unlocked since I called Uncle Jess earlier.

I run back and open the back door and see Lara sleeping. I try my best not to wake her up as I carry her inside the house.

Her bedroom's on the fourth floor. Damn.

I walk in with Lara, and it is evident that everyone is already asleep. Aunt Lea isn't present since she texted me that she's staying at the beach inside one of trailers since she has to prepare the scene for tomorrow.

After about four and a half minutes, I got to the fourth floor with Lara in my arms. Her eyes were still closed.

I open the door and walk towards her bed.

I gently place her onto the mattress and she's still sound asleep.

I walk over to the bathroom and grab a small towel and rinse it with tepid water. I walk back to Lara and gently take her arm and I wipe the phone number and name on her arm. She doesn't need a reminder of what happened.

After, I cover her with her thick blanket. "Good night, Lara," I say quietly and walk towards the light switch. Before I could leave, I hear a faint voice.

"W-wait, please don't go."

I turn around and see Lara gazing at me, half asleep.

"Please don't go," I could barely hear her.

I approach and sit on the floor near her head. She directly looks me in the eye.

"P-please don't leave me, I don't want to be alone tonight." Her voice is filled with fear and sadness.

"Marian..." I seem to voice out.

"Please..."

"I won't leave. I promise."

A slight smile formed onto her cheeks, and she continues on.

"Do you know what he said to me?" She glares at the light switch across her room. I look at her with full attention and she speaks, "He, he said that he'd -"

She pauses and I look at her. Her eyes start to tear up once again.

"I don't want that to happen to me."

"W-what did he say?" I felt my hands tense up. I felt anger and irritation building from hearing her explanation.

What did that guy say.

She looks at me and speaks shakily, "He said he'd take me from the one I love. He said that he'd take my-my," she pauses and her eyes glistened with water, "my virginity, and he would do me so hard," her tears flooded down her eyes, "that I wouldn't be able to do anything anymore."

She continues to weep and I forced myself to keep calm. She doesn't need to see me angry especially in her state. It'll make her worry even more and that's not good for her.

That weren't Quinn's exact words. I know that for a fact, but I could already feel how that Quinn guy said it.

"I'm sorry, Jake. I shouldn't be crying in front of you; especially since I couldn't defend myself. I just, I just didn't know how to react. I'm not as strong as everyone wants me to be. I'm so sor-"

I broke our stare since I felt guilty. "Don't be sorry. The person that should be apologizing is me. I didn't get you in time. That guy wants to take advantage of you, and that's not okay. If only I came with you. I'm so sorry, I wish I -"

"Jake. You're too sweet. Please don't be sorry," her eyes are perfect. She smiles at me and continues after I met her stare, "Ever since I came here, you've been nothing but sweet to me, and that's all I've wanted."

"I'm still sorry," I seem to say.

Her words were a bit slurred as she fought knock out, "W-why?"

I didn't know what to say. She won't remember what I tell her if I confess to her right now, will she? Should I tell her how I feel. This is - this is so difficult. She gazes into my eyes, waiting for me to speak.

"La-"

"You know Jake," her eyes begin to close slowly, "You're perfect. You have such a nice personality, you're handsome, you have everything a girl would want."

She reaches her hand out and brushes her fingertips on my lips as I process what was going on.

Come on, Jake. Tell her. She won't know in the morning.

No, don't say it. She might process what you say.

Jake. Come on.

"Lara, I -"

"If only I could tell you I like you," she smiles as her eyes completely shut and her arm falls and hangs off to the side of her bed.

My eyes widen as I incredulously look at a now sleeping Lara. Did she just - no. It must be in my head. She only said that because of her sleepiness. She doesn't mean it.

Yes she does. She may be asleep and a little drunk, but that doesn't mean she isn't saying her true emotions.

Why would she like a celebrity? I bet she's protective of herself. She will never like a guy who has a career like you.

Stupid voices. Get out of my head.

I feel her breathing start to go into a regular rhythm. She's sound asleep.

I run my hand through my hair.

What am I doing..

"L-lara, I know you can't hear me, but.. I just wanted to say, I'm always here to protect you. You may or may not like me, I don't know, but I can honestly say you're different. I don't understand how you made me feel like this, but -" my breath gets caught as her body shifts to come closer to my head.

Shit. I thought she woke up.

"I think I'm falling for you. I won't be able to tell you this.. Not yet, but one day I will."

I kneel up and smile as I see her face glow from the light above us. She has a faint smile planted on her face as she sleeps soundly.

"Good night, Lara."

I kiss her on the forehead and go over to the light switch in order to turn off the light. I walk back over to her, and the moon shines faintly.

I sit on the floor near her bedside and lean on her cupboard. I grasp her hand that's freely hanging.

If only I could tell you I like you.

Her words repeat in my head over and over.

"One day... I'll be able to tell you how I feel," I whisper.

I lean back and close my eyes.

"Sweet dreams, Lara."

*******

*
Point of View: Austin Mahone
*

"Why won't this door open!" I say in a whispered voice.

"I don't know. Hurry up. I wanna check up on Lara!" Aubrey yells in a whispered tone.

After a few minutes, I finally open the door and quickly enter with Aubrey. We run up the stairs to the fourth floor and see that the lights are all shut off.

"Turn on the hallway light," I say to Aubrey who is near the light switch. She does it quickly and we stand near Lara's door.

Aubrey opens the door quietly and peeks her head in, "That's so cute!" She squeals really quietly.

"What? What happened?" I peek inside and see Jake and Lara sleeping.

What happened here?

Aubrey turns on Lara's room light and enters the room. I see Jake's eyes twitch as he continues to sleep.

"Aubrey, what are you doing?" I say surprised, seeing that she turned on the light.

"Shhhhh.. I wanna take a picture of these two; don't you know that Lara likes him?" She says like I should've known already.

"W-what? Lara likes Jake?"

This is gonna be easier for Jake now.

"Yup, but you can't tell Jake or else," she speaks quickly.

Damn it.

"So Lara likes Jake?" I ask for clarification.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Didn't I tell you this already? Haven't you been listening to me and Lara facetiming?" I feel completely clueless and stupid now. How did I forget this.

"Wait, so Lara -"

"Yes!" She breathes out, seeming a little annoyed.

She takes her phone out and clicks a photo of Jake and Lara.

"But you can't tell Jake; you gotta promise me that," Aubrey says in a serious tone. Her face came close to mine.

"What if I don't keep it a secret?" I smirk as she comes closer to me.

She smiles, "If you don't keep it a secret," her fingers find a place on my chest, "then we won't be able to do anything fun anymore." She separates herself from me but before she could back away, I grab her waist.

"I see how it is," I pout as she has a slight smirk on her face.

"Not here," she pulls away quickly and shuts off the light and runs from my sight.

I turn and see the moonlight reflect on the two lovebirds. Jake and Lara's hands are intertwined and I see a faint grin on both of their faces.

This is gonna be easier than I thought.

Jake, you're lucky as hell to find my girl's best friend. I shake my head and smile as I walk out of the room and shut the door tight.

__________________________________

So, I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I really like it, but then at the same time I feel like it's missing something. Ugh, but anyways, that's chapter 13 for you! Don't you love the chemistry between Lara and Jake? I know I do! Oh my goodness, things are gonna get heated up in a few chapters and - wait, I shouldn't be telling you all of this yet! Keep on reading! I hope you're enjoying this novel!

Comment - Vote - Follow