18: Ever Since Day One

__________________________________

chapter 18: ever since day one

*
Point of View: Marian Lara Estrada
*

"Ow! Aubrey!" I scream as she pulls the brush through my wet hair. "Aubrey! The movie thing starts at 8, we have plenty of time!" I hold on to my scalp that's being brushed away of all the tangles. "Aubrey!"

"I'm almost done. Then we can blow dry your hair, so I can curl it," she smiles.

"Why do I even have to look good, it's just a movie date," I mumble to myself and apparently she heard, "Because you're in California, not Alaska. Duh."

I roll my eyes and look at her mirror to see my hair being blown in different directions.

After about 45 minutes, my hair is fully curled and Aubrey puts some hairspray in it so it won't lose it's volume and curliness. She grabs her makeup bag and places all the contents on her table. I close my eyes and let her do whatever she wants.

3:30pm

It's so early still.

*****

She screeches in pure joy as I look at myself in the mirror. "Aubrey, I like the outfit, but do we really need to go through this struggle to get dressed?"

I glance at myself. A cream floral dress with a midnight blue cardigan, black see-through tights, and maroon combat boots. All in all, I liked what she picked out.

"It's a necessity to dress nicely, Lara," she stands up and walks into her closet, "Now you just got to wait for me."

She comes out about four minutes later with a black dress that fit her body perfectly. "Woah, Aubrey," I say, "Someone's trying to impress their man."

"Yea, you can say that," she smirks and grabs her Nikon camera.

"What are you doing with that?" I ask as she puts it around her neck. "For later, I want to catch this on camera."

"But it's just a movie, it's not that special," I shrug as she smiles widely. What is she planning...

I rub my left hand up and down my right arm, worrying about what we'll do at the movies.

"Come on, Lara," she snaps her fingers in front of my face, "You don't want to be late for the movie."

"Where's our tickets?" I question as I raise my eyebrow. She's silent for a minute and opens her mouth, "Austin has them. He's picking us up and we'll meet them there."

"Them?" My brain hears automatically as I look at Aubrey with wide eyes. "Is Jake gonna be there?"

"Them, uhm, by that I mean - you know, Austin and his friends. You know, Alex and Zach and Robert," I cut her off, "I'm meeting them today? Is this why I'm dressed up?"

She glares right at my eyes and looks at her phone, "We're going to be late. Come on."

She's hiding something...

But she won't tell me.

*
Point of View: Jake T. Austin
*

4:15pm

"Finally," I breathe out as I see Austin get out of his car, "Do you have the -"

"Yes, Jake. Calm your ass," he laughs as he holds it up in front of him, "Don't you have one more scene before we can leave?"

Before I could answer, three people follow right behind him, "Austin, where do you want the stuff?" They were both holding boxes of flowers and candles.