19: Klutz

Okay,
If you noticed my chapters are titled by one word only. If there is more than one word, you know something is up, so you guys best be payin attention!

__________________________________

Chapter 19: klutz

My breath hitches in my throat as Jake's grip gets tighter around my waist. Suddenly, a flash blinds me. What - Why are there paparazzi? How is that even possible?

I bury my face into Jake's chest and feel his heartbeat escalate.

"It took you guys long enough," a familiar female voice says. "Babe, they weren't done, you don't just go walking when people are making out," another familiar voice says.

Wait a minute... That's not...

I turn my head to peek out at the two people who pretty much scared the hell out of me, "Aubrey, Austin?"

"Finally, you guys are officially lovebirds," Aubrey smiles as she flashes the camera once more in my eyes.

"Agh, thanks for ditching me earlier," I try hard enough to seem mad, but a smile is plastered onto my face. "Whatever, you guys are official now," Austin and Aubrey say in unison.

Before I could speak, a voice interrupts, "Hey, I thought you guys said we'll meet them later!"

Who's that?

Suddenly three guys pop into view and walk up behind Austin and Aubrey. This isn't... Is it?

After they approach, they all take one glance at me and put forth their hands.

Alex.

Robert.

Zach.

After their introductions and the shaking of hands, Jake spoke, "Hey you guys. I'm going to take Lara home now because -"

"Don't lie to us, Jake. We know that you're not gonna take her home," Zach interrupts with full confidence and a smug smile. Alex elbows him in the chest, "Sorry about that. He's really, what's the word for it,"

"Hot," Zach interrupts again while everyone bursts out laughing.

"Annoying," Aubrey chuckles out while Jake suddenly grabs my hand and intertwines them, "well, we're gonna go, thanks for everything, you guys."

Then, he pulls me away...

He seems like in such a rush.

****

"Jake, where are we going?" I ask as I play with our intertwined hands as he continues to drive.

"The night is still young, so we're gonna make it last," he says as he raises our hands and his lips come in contact with my knuckle.

I suddenly feel myself blushing and I instantly look out the window. My phone begins to vibrate and I check to see what is going on.

20 notifications. Austin sent some of the photos he took at the dome.

"What's that, Lara?" He asks as he continues to look forward.

"Austin sent me our photos; he's wondering if he can post one on Instagram," I say as I read the text message.

"Tell him he can, if it's fine with you," Jake looks at me for a quick glance and I speak, "I'll tell him to post the one where it doesn't show my face, so the paparazzi won't bother you or me."

Jake stops the car at the red light, "Does it bother you if the paparazzi would know that we're dating?"

Yea. It kinda does...

"Uhm, I just don't want to get into all the drama like the rest of those celebrity couples; like their relationships look so..."

"Fake," Jake stiffens and tightens his grasp on my hand. "Yea, I just don't want to get into it. Not just yet because I don't know how I'll handle the hate."

He puts the car on drive again and his voice is soft but stern, "Take your time, Lara. I can wait. I'm just glad you're mine."

I smile and lean to his side of the car and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you."

*****

I open my eyes forcefully as the sun burns through my eye lids and see that I'm in a really unfamiliar place. Where the hell am I?

I sit up straight and feel my head spin for a moment and then take in my surroundings.

I'm in a midnight blue room with modern furniture. There's a door right in front of me and on the left side. A window is present on the right side accompanied by a balcony and a staircase.

"Shit!" I hear a door slam right in front of me and I look straight up. The door slowly opens once again and I see a head pop out.

"Lara, you're - you're awake already," Jake stutters behind the door, making me only see his face.

I nod in return, "Why'd you scream?"

"Uhm, I thought you were still asleep, so I took a shower and uhm... I forgot my towel, so -"

My eyes widen, my face flushes red, and I jump out of the bed, "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I'll- I'll get out of the room! Oh my goodness," I cover my eyes as I run around the room searching for a door knob. Where did I see the door again? I finally feel a door knob and open it right away and enter inside the connecting room.

I slam the door and slide down to the floor. My head rests onto my hands, "I'm so embarrassing."

After a few minutes, I finally raise my head and look at room I'm at.

A closet?

A walk-in closet.

A knock is heard on the door I'm leaning on, making me feel the light tapping on my back, "Lara, you can come out now. I'm not - uhm- you know.."

I feel myself blush again as I think of how embarrassing I looked when I ran inside this place. I stand up quickly and open the door and walk right out while keeping my eyes on the closet. When I walk out, I bump into Jake causing him to fall onto the ground with me on top of him.

"Woah, Lara. Don't get too excited," he smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist. Before I could register what he said, I notice that his skin is warm and moist, and our faces are so close I could feel his breath on my forehead.

Wait, how come I feel his skin...

I look down at Jake and immediately get up as soon as I realized that he's shirtless and only has a towel on.

"Oh my gosh! I - I didn't mean to - I swear!" I get up right away from his wrap and jump on the bed and cover myself with a blanket.

"I'm not looking till you get dressed," I scream in a muffled voice due to the heavy blanket.

Silence.

"Jake?" I say again waiting for an answer.

Silence.

Am I really in his room? I'm actually in his bedroom.

I remove the blanket slowly off of my head to check up on what just happened. He went into the walk-in closet. I stare at the door waiting patiently for him to come out, and then I realize that I'm not in my clothes anymore. I'm in boxers and a t-shirt.

"Hey Lara," he closes the closet door and walks over to the bed, sitting on the edge, "Did you sleep well?"

He's finally in a white V-neck t-shirt that fitted his body tightly and black basketball shorts.

"Yea," I manage to breathe out, "How'd you sleep?"

He holds onto his neck and winces in pain, "Yea, I'm fine. My neck just hurts from the couch," he chuckles out.

"I'm sorry, I told you I could've taken the couch, or have gone into the guest room altogether," I mutter as I look down at my fingers.

He sighs, "I'm messing with you," he pulls me in for a hug, "Plus, I rather have you in my room even if my couch hurts really bad."

My stomach suddenly grumbles loudly, making Jake's eyes dart for my stomach. "Someone has a hungry little monster," he pokes my stomach and smiles. "Shush. It's not my fault I'm fat," I pout. "Shut up. You're not fat," his voice grows cold, "Come on, I'm gonna feed you."

He grabs my hand and pulls me off the bed and leads me out of his room.

"Jake, I don't understand why you have such a big house when no one lives here," I ponder on all his trinkets and family portraits on the walls. "I live here, and my family visits a few times when they go to Los Angeles."

"But don't you feel lonely here?" I question as I look forward, looking at the long halls before us. "Who even takes care of this place?"

He pauses for a moment and looks me in the eye, "Nah, I invite people over when I get bored and have some maids to clean up."

Oh. Of course.

When I get bored.

I wonder how often he gets 'bored.'

"That's good," I smile as we go down the stairs to his second floor which is also the kitchen.

He leads me to the island counter and I lift myself up to sit down on the counter. "So, Mr. Chef, what are you cooking up today?" I smile at him genuinely and he walks away from me to approach the cabinet filled with materials I assume he needs.

"Well, today," he pauses until he locks his eyes with mine, "I'm going to be making my famous white chocolate green tea pancakes!" His voice fills with felicity and determination, making me smile from ear to ear.

Damn. That actually sounds good.

I look at his every movement as he switches places throughout the room with him mixing, placing ingredients, and getting more in the refrigerator and cabinets. I find myself getting tired of watching back and forth, and approach Jake's left side. "Jake, can I help with anything?" I ask as I grab his rubber spatula lightly, making us both hold on tight.

"No, Lara," he smiles as he tries pulling the spatula away, only making him pull me closer towards his body, "I'm the man of the kitchen."

I push my body away from him to look him in the eye and my left eye brow rises, "Oh really?" I exhale onto his neck. His body freezes for a moment and he stares intently into my eyes. As he is distracted, I swipe some of his green tea batter on my fingers. At that moment, I smear the batter on his cheek and back away from him quickly as he takes in my actions.

"Oh, we're playing this game, aren't we?" He smiles as he holds a scoop of batter on his spatula. "Oh no, no, no, no!" I scream out as he runs towards me. He smears the batter on my forehead and hugs me from behind right after.

"Jake!" I screech out while being trapped in his arms.

"Baby, this isn't the time to be screaming my name. Not yet," his breath hovers on my neck. Oh lord. My cheeks immediately flush red and he let's me out of his grip.

He starts chuckling loudly, enough to make a sound that echoes around the kitchen. "Marian Lara Estrada," he pauses and stares directly at me, "Why are you so red?"

I blink my eyes a few times. He did not just do a sexual remark, did he? "Lara? Babe?" He straightens out and approaches me with open arms. Before he can, I wrap my arms around his torso and my forehead hits his chest. For a moment, we stood there with arms wrapped around each other, but then he pulls away knowing exactly what I did.

"Lara," he sternly states.

I start backing away slowly, "Yes, Jake?" He grabs the hem of his t-shirt and pulls it off, "You ruined my t-shirt."

As soon as his t-shirt fell on the ground, I dash towards the hallway and search for a way to hide. I did not see that coming. I make a sharp left turn and bump into a hard wall.

"Ow!" I say as I fall onto the ground, "What the hell, J-"

"Who the fuck are you?" He screams out.

This is not Jake.

__________________________________

I don't really like this chapter, but it's been so long since I posted for this book, so it had to be done.

Sorry for the lateness. I know, not a lot of people read my book but I know there's people who actually read so I'm really sorry! There's been finals, writer's block, AND I made a new story! You guys should read it :) it's called More Than This and it's a One Direction fan fiction I'm starting! Well, keep reading! I love you all!