28: Over

I hope you enjoy.

The title speaks for itself.

Don't stop reading, you'll be in for a treat.

_______________________

Chapter 28: Over

*
Point of View: Marian Lara Estrada
*

We finally sat down after waiting for twenty minutes in the waiting area. It's been three hours since I've seen Aubrey, and she hasn't been answering my calls, so I'm guessing she's finishing her shift at work; however, her eyes earlier showed me that she's up to something, but I rather not think about that. I don't understand why Aubrey wanted to meet us here, but I'm guessing that they're trying to keep my mind off of all this shit, and the fact Austin has this huge obsession with pizza.

Even with this as a distraction, I still can't stop thinking about how he looked like earlier. It's like he really wanted to say something, but at the same time he hesitated, or was that just me. Does Jake really want me? Do I really want to hear what comes from him? Or should I just end everything right when I see him.

But then I don't understand David. Why is he being so cruel to Jake? They were practically brothers when I first met them. Why is he putting down Jake so suddenly? Wouldn't he be happy for Jake? I really screwed everything up for everyone.

I'm really the one to blame. Everything that happened between them is caused by me and my stupid ways.

I lay my hand on my palm, trying to calm my headache that's beating rapidly. Why does it have to hurt so much?

"Lara?" Austin waves his arm with a gentle smile on his face, "What type?"

What is he talking about?

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and shake my head, "Sorry. I didn't hear you."

"You don't have to apologize. I was just wondering what type of pizza you'd like to order," he chuckles out and slides me the menu. I push it away from me, "Austin, I think you should order. You practically eat pizza every week, so I know you know what's good and what's not."

He smiles at me again, "Alright then. Just don't complain if I order too much."

"Trust me, I won't," I chuckle out as he raises his hand and waits for the waiter to take his order.

A man strides towards our booth and quickly takes our orders for food and drinks; before departing, he rips out a piece of paper and places it in front of Austin, begging him to autograph it for his daughter. The man thanks him an abundance of times before leaving us to talk amongst ourselves.

"So, when is Aubrey coming here?" I rest my forehead on my hand to ease the throbbing pain that has not ceased.

"She's coming soon. I'm pretty sure," he peers down at his phone that reveals the time, "Anyways, I have to ask - don't be mad - do you really think Jake doesn't love you?" I feel his stare burn holes into my head.

I turn my gaze to anything but his face, making the salt shaker much more interesting to look at, "That's a strong word. I don't think I should be saying it at the predicament I'm in at the moment," I rest my right arm on the table as well and put my head down.

"Lara," he sighs out, "Just because he did something in the past doesn't mean he's doing it right now. I'm positive that he adores you as much as you cherish him," he pokes my cheek and I can't help but make the words sink down into my brain. I straighten up in my seat, "I - I don't know. I just don't want to talk about it right now."