15: Sleepy

I hate what I did with the last chapter... It was just a chapter spacer but I promise that this next chapter will be good! Don't fret(: ENJOY!

__________________________________

Chapter 15: Sleepy

"Hey," he says in a hushed tone.

I gasp, "What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting outside for like - I don't know, fifteen minutes, and you haven't been answering any of your phone calls," he seemed quite annoyed.

I felt guilt run through my veins, "I'm sorry. My phone died and Austin told me to leave my phone in the car and -"

"I'm kidding, I'm not mad," his voice seemed to be amused by my sudden panic.

I turn to look at Aubrey and Austin, and they still haven't noticed that he's here.

I look back at the guy who surprised me, and I was two centimeters from his face. "I - I didn't mean to, I swear!"

The movie screen lights illuminated off his face as he continues to stare at me. I couldn't even hear the movie anymore.. Is that bad? I felt my cheeks redden. Good thing it's dark.

"Lara?" My train of thought get cut off as I hear Jake, "Are you listening to me?"

"Oh, sorry. I was thinking of something," I say. "About what?" He asks.

"I'm, I'm gonna go to the restroom really quick," I stand up and slide my way through the seats.

I see that Austin and Aubrey still haven't noticed... those two, I swear.

"Wait, wait for me!" I hear a whisper behind me. I kept my head forward and continued to move. As I open the movie theater door, Jake finally caught up.

"Don't you know the meaning of 'wait'?"

"Don't you know the meaning of 'I'm gonna go to the bathroom'?" I copied the way he asked me.

He smiles and I move towards the bathroom which was about five yards away. I walk in immediately and approach the mirror. I look at myself and see eyebags starting to form.

Ugh. Jake. He took my powder. I search my bag for an extra powder case, but to no avail. How'd he take my powder from my bag...

I start to hear voices approaching the bathroom door, so I run towards one of the stalls and shut it. Since I'm awkward, I don't want to be seen alone in the bathroom... It's just weird.

I hear the girls talking.

"Wasn't that Jake T. Austin?"

"Why'd you push me. I could've asked if it was him."

"I'm pretty sure it is him."

That voice. I know that voice.

I look through the slit of the bathroom stall door and see a blonde girl with a miniskirt on and heels to match with it. She's the girl that punched me. I look at the two girls - a brunette and a strawberry blonde - standing next to her. They must be her friends.

The blonde girl speaks, "I saw him when I was at work a few days ago. He's hot. He was with these two bitches though,"

She's talking about me... And Aubrey.

"...she's lucky the only thing I did was punch her in the face. Jake should be with me, not her. I mean, her face.. Like seriously. It was so plain. I bet my punch actually made her look better."

I'm not even going out with Jake...

"That bitch. She's so fake and ugly. Trying to make Jake pity her," she sighs, "I swear when I see her I'm gonna make sure she regrets tripping me."