33: Revealed

The chapter is finally up! Sorry for keeping you all waiting. (And my apologies if it is short)
Please read the author's note at the end of this chapter. VERY IMPORTANT DETAILS. Thank you.
Enjoy the chapter. 
____________________________________

Chapter 33: Revealed

*
Point of View: Jake Toranzo Austin
*

"I'm in love with you."

My heart finally relaxes as soon as those words come out of her mouth. My mind is bursting out of joy as she states those five words, but I already have faith in her to believe that she does love me. I immediately wrap both of my arms around her body while her hands intertwine with mine.

"I love you," I kiss the back of her hair sealing my words. Her hands squeeze mine harder, and then she leans her head against my chest before taking a deep breath - maybe a sigh of relief - and we fall into a moment of silence.

Not a painful, slicing quiet, but somewhat at ease.

Her hair is covering some of her face, and I slowly remove my left arm from her waist to remove the pieces that may be bothering her. I gently brush her hair against her sensitive skin, and her eyes pinch close as soon as I make contact; as she realizes that I'm the one with her, she visibly relaxes and a small smile curves upon her lips.

Minutes go by before I feel the grip of her hands on mine loosen. I take a quick glance at her once again and see her lips are parted ever so slightly as a little wrinkle is seen on her forehead. Her thoughts must have occupied her to the point of exhaustion. I lift my hand once again, and rub the worry line on the top of her head, and her eyebrows release the scrunching effect and worry that it brings.

I'm glad she can fall asleep in my arms. She trusts me enough to let me know about these things - these hardships she hides from everyone else in her life.

She lifts her hands from my grasp and clasps them tight before putting it against her chest. She flips around so her head and the rest of her body is against my front, and it takes less than two seconds for me to pull her even closer to my chest.

*
Point of View: Marian Lara Estrada
*

Two days later...

I've been alone in this house the whole entire day. Auntie Lea thought I was sleeping in, so she didn't bother waking me up, but in reality, I feel the compilation of bags get heavier and heavier under the rim of my eyes.

I can't sleep.

Not with the constant worry of me destroying Jake's career, that man coming back after me, and the negative effects of having a mother.

With everyday that passes, I feel the weight of my stupidity and mistakes push me even lower than I am, crumbling me down slowly. I hate this feeling. Even when I try to distract my mind from it, it's still there - waiting for me to break. I feel numb. The difficulties inside of me are so severe that I don't know what is going on around me. It's as if I'm a ghost, and everyone is passing through me without taking notice. No one understands this pain; no one in my life can take this away from me. I need to feel something: the beating of my heart, the feeling of something touching me, anything to show that I am alive.

The sounds around me have become mute; I have lost all sense of time now, and I am being devoured by all my thoughts and deeds.

I kneel in front of the mirror inside my room. My body is turned away from my door. I've changed out of my heavy clothing into shorts and a tank top, and I can fully see myself. My reflection shows the healing bruises and scars, but they're still there: the reminders of all the fucked up things I've done in my life. My hair is dull, sticking out in different places; my skin is pale with dark blotches after I rinsed all the concealer I used to hide the marks from my family - the dark brown markings on me look like tanned spots, but every time I touch one, the pain is felt right away.