8: Stain

Hey you guys. I post on random days. I'm really bad with my words, but if my book was a movie, it'd be so much better cuz I'd know exactly what I want. Well, enjoy chapter 8(:

__________________________

Chapter 8: Stain

"This steak is amazing," Jake exclaims as he cut up another piece of steak on his plate.

"My, my, sir Jake, your appetite is compelling!" My uncle says in complete amazement since Jake has eaten two steaks already.

Jake has been at my house - well, my aunt's house but you get the point - for twenty minutes already. We're in the dining room with my aunt Lea and uncle Jesse. My other aunts finished their food quickly and left the room to watch their soap operas on the TV.

"Honey, go grab the dessert; Jake has to stay and eat some of my world famous pistachio cupcakes," my aunt words out with pride.

My uncle stands up and walks into the kitchen.

Jake wipes his mouth and speaks, "Pistachio cupcakes? The ones you brought to set one time? Those are amazing!"

Jake cuts another piece of his steak and takes a bite.

I put my right elbow on the table and my face on my palm. I'm bored out of my mind. I've been sitting at this table for longer than I should, but I have to wait until Jake leaves if I want to go to my room.

"Lara, elbows off the table," Jake says making me lose my train of thought. He directly looks at me and smirks.

"Who says?" I reply back quickly.

"I did," Jake says and grabs my right arm and puts it in my lap.

What the heck.

"You didn't have to - you didn't have to touch me, I could've done that myself," I say as I grab my phone out of my back pocket.

"Like you would actually do it if I hadn't," Jake cuts another piece of his steak.

I start to laugh to myself.

"What's so funny?" Jake asks as he chuckles a little bit not knowing what's going on.

I reply, "You have," I start pointing to the corner of my left lip, "some sauce on your lip." From the corner of my eye I could see my aunt across the table covering her mouth trying not to laugh.

"I do, where?" He puckers his lips and tries to look at them.

"No, not - no, not there," I curve a smile on my face as he wipes his face, "No, it's still there."

"Dear, just wipe his face for him," my aunt coos with a slight snicker.

Jake looks at me, and I look at my aunt as if she grew another head.

"No, it's fine; I got this," Jake replies.

My aunt throws an unused cloth at my face, telling me to wipe his face. "Auntie!" I scream, but she glares at me. I grab the cloth and make a tip.

I turn my attention to him, and he seems all calm and serene. My right hand begins to tremble.

*
Point of View: Jake T. Austin
*

"No, it's fine; I got this," I say nonchalantly trying to find this sauce on my mouth.

Ms. Lea - I mean, Auntie, then throws a towel at Lara's face. I didn't know she was serious about making Lara wipe my face.

"Auntie!" She screams. It seems like her cheeks were starting to redden. I look at Auntie, and I see her glaring at Lara.

Lara turns her attention to me. I felt like going mad at that exact moment our eyes met. Lara diverts her eyes to anything but my eyes; it seems I pulled off looking fine and normal..