20: Pancakes

___________________________________

Chapter 20: pancakes

"Who the fuck are you?" His voice filled with anger and annoyance.

I stare up from the ground and my face flushes out any color it had prior to this unexpected visit. I try to force words out my throat, but nothing can escape. How is here? I thought we were the only ones in here. How did he get in here?

My thoughts are cut off by this man. "Well, answer me."

I feel the ground beneath me and lift my body up and balance myself on the wooden bamboo floor. As I try to reach eye level with him, I realize I'm pretty short compared to him.

Well, intimidation won't work and that's pretty evident. I look down immediately, the floor looking more interesting than anything else at the moment.

"Uhm... I'm -" I'm stopped by a voice from right behind me. "Babe, where are you?" His voice tied with amusement and lust.

I wonder if that's about to change.

His hand reaches for the small on my back before he can see the tall man standing right in front of us. I bet this is just some ridiculous dream and I'm still asleep.

Yea. That's got to be it.

I shut my eyes as tight as I can, believing truly that I'm only dreaming and I'll wake up in Jake's room all over - wait, scratch that. In my room.

Jesus, Lara. Get your head out of the gutter.

"David, what are you doing here?" I hear Jake as his grip on me tightens.

Yes, Lara. This. Is. Just. A. Dream. David Henrie is not here at the moment. Keep your eyes shut. Jake isn't holding on to you.

"You know I'm always here. I mean - you gave me a key for a reason, Jake," the other guy's voice resonates in the hallway we are all at, "Question is... Who's she?" His voice totally converts into a flirty tone which makes my cheeks redden for some apparent reason.

I feel Jake's grip tighten even more around me as he shifts his body and I feel his toned figure heat up my side, "Oh, this is - Lara, why are you closing your eyes so tightly?" He chuckles out and caresses my face in his hand.

Oh god. It's not a dream. I look like a complete idiot right now.

I open my right eye - meeting Jake's brown topaz crystal eyes. A smirk suddenly pops onto his face as my breath hitches at how close he is to me. I try to maintain my voice control - trying not to sound pitchy, "N-no reason," I stutter out, "I just -"

Jake puts his lips near my ear and barely whispers, "Don't worry, babe. I'll get revenge for the pancake batter later." I feel his hot breathe ignite my skin and I already know my face is crimson as my eyes widen in the process.

What the hell, Jake.

He laughs out and takes a step back, giving me some space to recover from what he just said. I need to say something that won't make me look like a helpless girl, but I just couldn't. Instead, before I take too long to do an action, I slap Jake's toned stomach which I think hurt me more than it did damage to him.

"Ow!" I wave my left arm in pain, "What the hell are you made of, steel?" I shout out before I can process my words.

Did I just compliment his stomach... Oh my gosh.

My thoughts are cut off by David, who coughs out and speaks, "Hey. I'm David," he puts out his hand for me to shake and a grin to share. I look at him and smile back, "I'm Lara," I instantly look away and stare at everything but the two men and continue, "I should go and wash the dishes in the kitchen."