40: Quarrels

Please take note of the italicized parts in this story, for if you do not, this chapter will be difficult to follow. Thank you :)

Songs of the Chapter:

• Shadow - Austin Mahone

• Shouldn't Come Back - Demi Lovato

• Amnesia - 5 Seconds of Summer

• A-Team - Ed Sheeran

• One - Ed Sheeran

• Irresistible - One Direction

• When I was Your Man - Bruno Mars

This isn't my best chapter, so bear with me. Love you!

______________

40: Quarrels

*

Point of View: Jacob Christopher Camareno

*

I wave my last goodbye to her before closing the door.

"Charlie!" I scream throughout the halls, "I'm going to get you for that!" I run around, searching for my younger brother, wanting to know where he is. I hear his giggles and his smaller footsteps as I try to pinpoint his location. "Charlie, when I find you - you are in so much trouble," I emptily threaten him as a smile comes onto my lips. I climb up the staircase to the second floor, opening each guest room door, but he is not there.

"Charlie!" I run up the next flight of stairs, going to the third floor. I open his bedroom door, welcomed to an unmade bed and his papers scattered on top. I continue to say his name aloud, not knowing where he is. I quickly get out and go towards my room and enter it, placing my backpack on my bed before I walk towards my door again, closing it as if I had left my room, and stand in silence by the door for a few seconds. Moments later, Charlie exits out of my closet, and as soon as he sees me, his facial expression shows nothing but happiness and joy.

"Charlie James Camareno," I cross my arms, "You - sir - are very risky." He looks around my room before plopping down onto my bed, "What are you talking about?" He sarcastically states out pretending he did not do anything. "You know what you did," I lay right next to him. "You should enlighten me, big brother. I don't actually remember what I did," he rests his arms behind his head, laying casually on my mattress, while his smile never leaves his face.

"You have guts, Charlie," I state out as a fact as I rest my head on my pillow. "More than you," Charlie stifles a laugh as he pokes my stomach with his finger. I roll my eyes at him, "Says the kid who can't even watch a scary movie by himself." He glares at me for a second, "Whatever."

"Anyways, can I ask - what happened to your face?" His finger pokes at my lip, making me flinch for a second, "It's weird seeing it on you." "I got hit in the face - no big deal," I nonchalantly state to him, not wanting him to worry. "But why? How?" His eyes are trained on my mouth, seeing that it has darkened in contrast with the rest of my body. "It was just a fight that I got dragged into," I say, patting his head, "It wasn't bad, Charlie." "But why did you get into the fight? Was someone getting hurt?" His questions continue on - never ceasing. "Because there are guys who need to be taught a lesson when they mess with people," I remember the two guys approaching Lara, and it annoyed me to an extreme amount since they thought it was hilarious how quiet she was. "You protected Lara." I nod, and a grin formed on his lips before he changed the direction of his eyes to look up.

Minutes go by in silence, and we just stay in my bed looking up at the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling. "JayJay, I miss mom," his voice is soft, and he wraps his arm around me, "It's weird not having her around anymore." "I miss her, too, Charlie," I rest my hand on his back, comforting him. He was only ten-years old; the night mom left us, he couldn't even say goodbye because she was gone. The only thing he was able to do was cry and cry - screaming on the deathbed saying she'll wake up when in reality - she was gone.