39: Weights

This chapter is dedicated to all the readers who spammed my previous chapters; you guys are the best.  I do apologize in advance since this isn't one of my best chapters :3 I love you all so much!

Songs for this chapter:

All I Ever Need - Austin Mahone

More Than This - One Direction

She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5

Shiver - Coldplay

All That Matters - Justin Bieber

_____________

39: Weights

I lay in my bed, my laptop in my lap, as I wait for Jake to pick up on Skype. He texted me a few minutes saying good morning even though it is pass noon after my mother did, and he told me to call when I'm ready since he just woke up. I already put away the gifts I've received into their designated places, hiding the box in one of my closet drawers.

I look at the time - 4:42 pm

I guess I'm going to be home alone... Again.

I check my Instagram to see if I got any notifications, but only one is there:

@aubreyb.ACM | Happy birthday to the bestest friend I can ever ask for @marilara_E; I miss you so much! I love you and I hope your wishes come true ♥︎ w/ @austinmahone

I don't understand how it's possible for her to post stuff with her boyfriend, but she still hasn't gotten caught with the label 'girlfriend.' The fandom of Austin just assumes she's another fan who sees him a lot - well that, and she's a well known Mahomie. I look under the photo, seeing that she has received about 79 likes and a few comments in just a few minutes, but they aren't related to me - the comments are related to how the Austin Mahone is in the photo.

What if I posted a photo of Jake and I? People would react differently... I'm not a known fan of the Jake T. Austin while Aubrey is the girl who is known by all twitter Mahomies. I slide down my newsfeed noticing everyone posting about hanging with their friends on the weekend, food, going to the movies, and others while I'm here at home.

I sit up straight, still hearing the constant ring on my laptop. He still won't pick up. My phone rings, uniting with the laptop, so I quickly answer it.

"Hello, Jake?" I state almost right after I slide my phone.

"Woah, that's the first time you ever called me Jake, Lara," his voice is very different from Jake's, and my emotional level went from an extreme high to a lower status. It's not that I don't want to talk to Jayce, I was just waiting for someone else.

"S-sorry Jayce, it slipped my mouth," I give a dry laugh, but he doesn't seem to take notice. "It's all good, Lara. Do you mind opening your front door?" I quickly remove myself from my mattress, going down the staircase in an instant, "Yea, hold on." I hang up my phone, placing it in my back pocket as I make my way to the door once again, looking through the peephole - a grin showing his teeth appearing on his face. I open it without another thought, and I am surprised with what he has in behind his hands. A wrapped black box with a white bow is in his left hand while a bouquet of pink, red, and white roses are in his other and a basket hangs onto his arm.

"Happy Birthday, best friend!" A big smile is on his face, and he opens out his arms to hug me. Without any reluctance, I accept his embrace, seeing how sweet his gesture is. "Thanks, Jayce!" I pull away from his hug, looking at the gifts in his hands and his attire which consists of blue jeans, a white collared shirt, and red converse.

"May I come in?" He asks, trying to be polite as always. "Of course," I step out of the entrance, giving him the chance to come inside. He holds out the flowers, placing them in my arms before putting the basket down. As I tell him, "Please remove your shoes," he is already bent down doing so without a second thought.