7: Shortcut

Hey you guys. I don't really have any comments at the moment, so yea, enjoy chapter 7!

__________________________

Chapter 7: Shortcut

"20 questions?" I ask Jake.

His hands are both on the wheel and he speaks without looking at me, "Yea. So we can get to know each other."

"Oh... Okay. Well, who's first?" I question.

"Me. Número uno; uhhh.. let's start basic: what's your favorite color?" He says quickly as he stops at the red light.

"Hmmm... Red, black, and turquoise, how about you?" I answer.

He taps his thumbs on the steering wheel and looks at me, "Red."

"Okay, your turn!" I smile.

"Hey, that doesn't count as a question, that's just returning my question. You gotta make one up!" He smiles and looks at the red light which turned green.

"Okay, okay, gosh someone is into this game. Uhm.... What's your favorite... Uh.. food? I can't think of any questions," I laugh as I look down at my phone.

"That's easy. Pasta and sushi," he says with a smile on his face, "what about your favorite food?"

"I actually like the same thing. Sushi and pasta," I say.

"You liar, you're just copying me!" He says while holding the clutch with his right hand.

"I'm not! Even if you asked me this question I'd answer that," I defend myself.

"Oh yea, question number two, what's your favorite type of pasta?" He questions.

"You're wasting your precious question but if you must ask, I like spaghetti, and chicken or shrimp Alfredo," I say with utmost confidence while looking at him.

"Okay, your turn," he smirks still staring forward.

"Hm... If you were told that there's a reunion episode for Wizards of Waverly Place, would you go?" I ask.

"Definitely, they've seen me develop, and they're family," he says.

"That's so cute, but would you change the style that Max portrays?" I ask, losing my third question without knowing.

"That counts as your third question, but I guess would change Max's style a bit, but I'm pretty sure I can act like Max still," he says while turning right in the intersection.

"My turn... What do you like to do? Like sports and hobbies?" He asks.

"Uhm... I like to play volleyball, and I really love to draw, and I read, and watch the Fosters," I fade off, so Jake didn't really hear me say it.

"What'd you say?" He says assuming he knew what I said.

"I'm not repeating it," I say smiling.

"Marian Lara likes the Fosters?" He grins, "Wow, well, I know this gorgeous guy named Jake T. Austin is on that show, and he plays a pretty daring role!"

I start laughing to myself, "'Daring,' more like," I pause myself before saying my thoughts about his appearance making everyone fall for him, "You're full of it," I grin, "My turn - new subject - número cuatro, hmmmm.... What's your favorite thing to do?"

He responds really quickly, "baseball." I didn't wanna waste my next question, so I told him to go next.

***

About thirty two minutes have passed, and in total we've asked 27 questions - 14 from me, 13 from him. I look at the window and knew we were near my home.