30: Unwanted

___________________________________

Chapter 30: Unwanted

"What happened?" His voice quickly questions as soon as I'm in sight.

The marks on my body urge to scream out in pain, but they are not seen under my sweater. I scrunch my eyebrows instead, trying my best to look confused by his quick look over at me, "Huh?"

Can he see what has happened to me?

Does he know I was taken away by that bastard?

He needs to know; I need to tell someone, but at the same time, I can't.

"You were suppose to wait here at Lucy's trailer. Auntie told me you went out for a walk, so I've been waiting here for ten minutes," his arms stretch out for me to come in for an embrace, but I hesitate, feeling my body is disgusting and horrible from earlier.

He can't see anything that I felt earlier. He cannot see the pain I went through in a short amount of time.

I want myself to cry right in front of him; I need him to see the pain I just went through.

Instead of waiting, he pulls me in by tugging on the sleeves of my sweater, wrapping his arms around my body as my head rests against his chest. I feel the comfort of his heat and strength as he squeezes me harder, but at the same time, I feel guilty because someone else has seen my body before Jake.

Hold in your tears, Lara. Everything will be fine.

I inhale the scent of his shirt as my body continues to rest on him; I need this. Even though I can't tell him what has happened, he can still comfort me with his actions. I wrap my arms slowly around his torso, gently before holding onto him with a firm grip. I feel like if I let go, he'll disappear from me forever.

After a moment too long, he holds me out enough for our eyes to lock, "Is there anything wrong, Lara?" I gaze at his eyes for a long time, his eyes holding kindness and love for a girl so weak and vulnerable.

You can say bye-bye to Jake and David's career.

Quinn's sentence repeats in my head, causing me to shake the thought away and force a smile out, "Everything is perfectly fine."

First my mother, now Quinn.

Instead of buying into my lie, he stands his ground, "Marian Lara."

"Nothing. I'm fine! I'm perfectly fine," I conjure up my best attempt into hiding my fear and weakness with a powerful and appreciative voice. "I - I just thought you were - y'know, mad at me because I kept you waiting," I lie right across his face. He smiles at my response, "Babe, you know I'll never get mad at you for that. We have plenty of time," he unhooks his arms from his embrace and wraps one arm around my shoulders, causing me to follow his lead away from the trailer.

He won't be mad right now, but he'll be furious at me for going against him. A man was with me in a damn car. A fucking damn car. Jake will never forgive me. I feel a rush of tears burn my eyes, but I force them back in.

"Now, let's get your dress for tomorrow," I look at him in shock, completely forgetting about the premiere this weekend.

"That's tomorrow?" My eyes bulge out in bewilderment. I don't know what I'm going to do to my hair, and how I'll be doing my makeup, or even how I'm going to go with Cierra and Maia. I feel a new pang of fear come inside of me even though Jake is right beside me.

"Of course, it is," he nods his head while laughing lightly, "Now, let's go to the mall and pick up your dress. I can't wait to see my beautiful girlfriend in that gorgeous dress I chose out."