27: Truth

I feel like no one is reading my book anymore, so I might end it soon. It might be a cliffhanger, but I'm sorry. I'm kinda getting upset cuz no one seems to read it. There's only three or four readers who seem dedicated towards my book, and I thank them for being that dedicated. I'm not sure what will happen at the end anymore, because I have one happy ending that will completely end the book, and two cliffhangers that may have a possibility of having a sequel.

I love you all.

Enjoy this chapter.

___________________________________

Chapter 27: Truth

I slowly pick myself up to sit up and stand from the hospital bed and see Aubrey get up and hold her hand out to help fix my position. I remove the cannulas in my nose and I have to gasp for air for a moment.

"Is that everything that happened to you?" Aubrey finally speaks after remaining silent the whole time I told her what occurred since last night. I nod in return, wiping the fresh tears off of my face knowing that I'll begin to cry if I continue to repeat the words I voiced out.

I even told her the part right before she slammed the door into the wall, and David was sitting on my bed. I still don't understand why he was talking to me while I was 'unconscious.'

She wraps my arm around her neck and puts most of weight on her, making me lean in as I try to walk. "Aubrey, I - I think I can walk by myself. It's fine," I croak out, pushing Aubrey away from me as I plop onto the bed again.

She shakes her head vigorously, "I'll get Austin. I think he's here by now, so he'll help you out." She reaches for the doorknob but I stop her from turning it by my voice, "W-wait, Aubrey. Don't make it a big deal. I don't want Jake or David to help out. They'll run right in here if they think I'm having a difficult time," I hold my hands out and wave them frantically in the air.

Aubrey laughs lightly, "Alright. Just wait here."

After a few more minutes, Austin enters and has a small smile on his face, "How are you feeling?" His voice is laced with sympathy that I couldn't say anything sarcastic about it.

"Terrible, but I'll live," I return his smile with a small chuckle, but I feel nothing but churning pain and bile rising up my throat. He walks towards me and kneels down on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I question. "Giving you a piggyback ride," he laughs wholeheartedly trying to ease my burning soul.

Aubrey laughs with him, "Austin, stop playing games and help her up," her smile meets her eyes, and I realize how she loves him so much.

Austin straightens himself out and waits for me to get on his back, "Is Austin really serious?" I gape at Aubrey since Austin isn't budging from his position. She shakes her head with a smile on her face and walks out of the room, "I'll meet you two in the car."

After Aubrey disappears, Austin stands to his feet and holds out his hand, "I'm just kidding around." I grab onto his hand and stand up quickly, "Wow, Jake was right. You are lighter than you appear," he states before shutting his mouth. He then wraps my arm around him, making some of my weight disappear. I try to ignore his statement and remain quiet as we exit out of the doorway. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine, Austin," I feel my knees lock as I see Jake sitting down with his head in his hands. Has he been crying?

"Ms. Estrada," Nurse Kasey calls out, "Make sure you drink this after every meal, and no liquids besides water." I see Jake's head rise up and spot that his eyes are bloodshot. I take my attention away from him and nod towards Nurse Kasey in return. Austin grabs the medications from her hands and we were set to leave.