Calfreezy #2

This imagine is for @ellabieb ! Hope you enjoy!!
-------------
Y/N's POV

You sigh as you place your bag down inside of the small employee locker.

Another day full of running rides at Thorpe Park.

You normally don't mind you job, you find it quite fun. But, this last week has been miserable for you, ever since your boyfriend broke up with you.

It didn't help that the next day you saw him at Thorpe Park with a girl. And they looked like they were more than just friends.

"Hey, Y/N!" You co-worker excitedly shouts at you from the other side of the ride platform. He is always too happy, even on the darkest, rainiest, gloomiest day.

"Hey, Grant. How was your day off?" You ask him, keeping up small talk as you cross the roller coaster to get onto his platform.

He shrugs his shoulders an extends a hand to help you cross. "It was pretty boring. I stayed home with my dogs all day." He laughs.

"I wish I could stay home all day." You sigh, running your fingers through your hair. After a moments thought, you decide to put it in a loose ponytail. It seemed as if today would get quite warm.

"Still haven't gotten over that guy, huh?" Grant asks, as the ride operator arrives, indicating the park is about to open.

You quickly scramble to your platform. "It's kind of hard when you see him the next day cozying up to another girl." You tell Grant across the gap.

"Maybe you need to find someone else!" Grant shouts back.

Soon, you can hear people talking and laughing. You two drop your conversation, getting ready to work.

You stand on your platform, awkwardly as people begin to file in on the other platform.

You make eye contact with Grant and nod your head before moving to make sure everyone is strapped in correctly. You hesitate when a rather good-looking boy your age is sitting on your side, watching your every move. You snap out of your daze and continue securing everyone's seatbelt.

"Ha! I totally won!" Grant says as you reach the end on the train. You roll your eyes at him before sticking your thumb in the air, indicating to the operator that the train is ready.

In a matter of seconds, the train is off and the next one slowly begins to roll in. "I was just thinking about your advice." You yell to Grant as the next load of people rush into the new train. He looks at you, obviously confused, before you race to see who does it quickest.

"Not fair! I had someone who was still wearing their hat!" Grant exclaims as he reaches the end.

"Oh, whatever. I had someone who tried to keep their bag between their feet." You roll your eyes at Grant, sticking your thumb in the air once again.

That's when you see him. The same guy from the last train. He is back in line for the next train, looking in your direction. You look around to see what he could be looking it, but then it dawns on you.

He is looking at you.

You blush at the thought and the train gets sent on its way. The next train pulls up, and you step to the side as people get off of it. You glance back to the boy, and he's chatting away with his friends. As you watch him, he looks back at you and smiles. You quickly look to the ground as they are let onto the train.

He's tall. Way taller than you will ever be. He's handsome. Not necessarily drop-dead-gorgeous, but still very good looking. And he doesn't look like he's a bad guy, he looks rather nice. You smile when you realize he's wearing an Adidas top. You love Adidas.

You hesitate when you get to him.

"You haven't done your seatbelt yet, sir." You say to him, as the seatbelt lays unbuckled on his lap.

The boy looks to you and shrugs. "I couldn't figure out how to do it." He says, looking at you.

You sigh, not believing him. He was able to do it just fine, before. You carefully reach down and grab the belt, avoiding touching him. You clip it together and tighten it, before moving on to the next person.

As you watch their train pull away, you take a deep breath and realize that now you can forget about him. No one rides this roller coaster three times in a row. You normally remember when people do it twice in a row.

As you laugh at Grant, struggling to get out of the way of an opening gate, your breath hitches. He's getting on, again. Why is he on again?

You watch as his friends lightly shove him on the shoulder once he's sitting, and he looks to the ground, obviously embarrassed about something.

As you approach him, you notice that once again, his seatbelt is undone. "Again?" You ask and he simply shrugs his shoulders. You reach down, and accidentally brush his leg and you grab the seatbelt. You quickly look up at him and your eyes lock for half a second before you look away and quickly fasten his seatbelt.

You see him again. And again. And again. You've counted ten times that he has gotten on this ride in a row, and every time you have to fasten his seatbelt for him. You know it's an act, but what's the point of it?

As they get off the ride, you do as you always do, and stand to the side of the flow of people. "Excuse me?" You hear a voice ask, causing you to turn your head.

He is actually standing in front of you.

"Um, hi. I'm Cal." He says, extending his hand. You smile at him and shake it.

"Y/N. So, ten times, huh? No one ever rides more than twice." You tell him, sticking your hands in your pockets.

Cal looks to the ground and nervously laughs. "Yeah, I've ridden ten times just for those three seconds that you fasten my seatbelt." He rubs the back of his neck as your eyes widen. You quickly recover from the shock of his words before he looks up at you.

"I was wondering if I could get your number." He says, seriously, slowly pulling his phone out of his shorts.

In that moment, you forgot all about your ex. All you could think of was the boy, Cal, standing in front of you as you grab his phone, smiling the broadest you've smiled in a long time.