Simon #19

This imagine is for @thatoneobsessivephan ! Hope you enjoy!
[Word Count: 1050]
------------

Y/N's POV

You turn on some music as you shut the door to your bedroom. Your date is going to be here in an hour, and you figure you should probably start to get ready.

You don't really know what you're doing. He said something about dinner, but that's such a broad topic. Is it a fancy dinner? Is it a casual dinner? You really wish he had specified.

Either way, you want to look nice. It's your first time going out with him, and you only met him yesterday. Typically, you get to know someone before agreeing to go 9ut with them, but he's different. It's like you couldn't say no to him. He is so perfect.

Simon. Even his name is perfect.

You throw open your closet doors and search for the perfect outfit. You grab a black dress, but decide against it, considering it has a stain on it.

The next dress you grab is cute, but meant more for a school dance than a first date.

Then, you find it.

The dress is the perfect amount of fancy and casual, and it certainly helps that you look amazing in it

You pair the dress with some short heels, knowing you won't end up being taller than Simon.

Once you finish getting ready, you hear a knock on your flat door. You grab your phone and look at yourself one more time in the mirror.

Here goes nothing.

You walk out of your bedroom and over to the door, opening it to find Simon on the other side. He smiles at your as his eyebrows shoot up. "Wow," he says, "You look amazing."

"Thank you." You tell him as you shut your door behind you and lock it. "You clean up pretty nicely, too. It's a big difference from seeing you in athletic shorts and a tee shirt."

You both laugh as you walk out of your building, heading to the car park. "Is it a good difference?" Simon asks you, making you turn and look at him.

Your eyes wander up and down his body, taking it all in. "Oh yeah. It's a good difference." You tell him before wanting to take the words back. "Not that you looked bad before."

Simon laughs and you begin to realize how socially awkward you are.

You arrive at Simon's car and he opens the door for you, gesturing for you to get inside.

You sit as he drives to the dinner, making small talk along the way. It's not like you're super comfortable with him, but it's definitely not awkward either.

The dinner is fancy, making you glad you wore a dress. Simon holds the door open for you as you step inside. Once they find Simon's reservation, the waiter leads you to a table for two, where you both take a seat.

"So," You begin as your drinks arrive. "What do you do for a living?" You ask him. Even though it's just the first date, you don't want him to put out a bunch of money he can't afford.

He takes a sip of his soda before answering. "I actually make videos on the internet." Your eyes widen, hoping he doesn't mean what you're thinking of. You would never date someone that makes those kind of videos.

"What kind of videos?" You ask him, needing to know whether this date is for nothing.

He laughs, realizing what you're thinking. "No, no, no. I make gaming videos on YouTube."

You sigh in relief and relax. "That's cool! Do you have many subscribers?" You ask him, knowing that many channels only have ten.

He stops and thinks for a moment. "One my main channel I have about six million, but then I have a bunch on my second channel as well."

Your eyes nearly pop out of your head. "So, I'm on a date with someone who is internet famous?"

You both laugh. You'd never date someone just g their fame. "I wouldn't go quite that far, but I'll just say that so many girls want to be in your shoes."

You laugh again as the waiter brings you both your meals. This date really has far exceeded your expectations.

You chat for the rest of the night, ranging from topics of family to zombie apocalypse strategies. You are so glad you decided to take a risk and agree to a date with Simon.

"So, you're saying that you would go to the top of the tallest building and wait it out?" Simon asks you, taking a sip from his drink.

You nod your head. "Yeah, if I lock all of the doors, they can't get in!" You say, laughing.

"It would at least make more sense to go to the top of a mountain where the air is too thin for them." Simon argues.

Shaking your head, you respond. "And run out of air supply? No thank you."

You both chuckle and sit quietly, just looking at each other. You reach across the table and grab Simon's hand. "I've had a lot of fun tonight."

He smiles and intertwines your hand. "Me too. Thanks for agreeing to come."

You shrug your shoulders. "I'm not the type to have anything going on on a Friday night."

You both stand up, releasing hands. Yet, once your grab your purse, Simon reaches for your hand once more.

The two of you walk out of the restaurant and over to his car, where he opens the door for you once more.

You smile and thank him, getting into the vehicle. Once you arrive at your flat, Simon walks you to your door.

"Thank you. For everything." You say, turning to face him.

He doesn't respond with words, but with action. He moves his hand to the back of your neck, leaning down.

As your lips meet, it's like everything else doesn't matter. You feel right in the moment, as if your lips were specifically made to kiss Simon's.

You pull apart and you smile at him. "Do you want to come inside?"

He nods his head and you pull out your keys, inserting them into your lock. You open the door and let Simon come in before closing the door behind him.