Chapter 28

[Reed]

Nanatili akong nakatingin sa mga mata niyang para bang hinahalughog ang kaluluwa ko. He's too perfect in my eyes but something is bothering me.

There are butterflies fluttering inside me, it's too weird. He's smiling at me and I was staring at him bewildered. Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko or more likely I have nothing to say.

Hindi ko siya natatandaan, nor nakikilala. Only his voice is the only thing I'm holding on for me to recognize that I know him.

"Sorry, I don't remember who you are." I said. His smiles slowly fades as I said those words. His eyes then turn blank, his face started be stoic. Nothing, now there is no emotion in his face. He seemed so lost. He seemed so pained with what I said but I really can't remember him.

"What do I expect? After all you've been asleep for so long. But still, it's a great news you're finally awake." He stood from he sat then walked away.

"Saan ka pupunta?" Janice asked. "Magpapahangin lang, will also do some contemplation." He said as he put his hands in his pockets and walked away.

But it's weird that when I saw him walk a way a pain suddenly struck my heart. It pained me seeing his back away from me, it pained me looking at him turning his back from me.

I want to tell him to go back and be with me, I want him to hug me but to no use my mouth seem so dry. I'm out of words. I couldn't muster not even a single word.

Gusto kong sumigaw na bumalik siya pero di ko magawa. Gusto ko tawagin ang pangalan niya ngunit hindi ko alam. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko.

I stared at his back as he walked out until he was out of sight. What shocked me is the tear that fell from my eye.

"What?" I asked as I dried my eyes but then as I dried it up tears continue to roll down my cheeks. I don't know why and what the reason is and it's infuriating.

I don't understand what's happening to me. My heart seems to be breaking in pieces by the sight of him walking away and it really hurts. I barely even know him.

Janice then walked to me and hugged me. My silent tears turns into a sob until I was bawling like a child.

Dieve went inside with a bright smile but his smile fades by the sight of me crying. He hurriedly cup my face as I looked into his eyes. His eyes who never failed to make me feel I am at home. I hugged him and continue to cry.

His hands caressing my back, his soft voice hushing me makes me want to give in to this unknown mental breakdown.

Days passed but that guy never came back. Not even his shadow. Iniintay ko siya pero hindi siya dumating. Nalaman ko rin na ang pangalan niya ay Ryoichi at isa siya sa naging parte ng nawawala kong nakaraan. But what still keeps me puzzled is the jumbled numbers above each person's head. I tried to ask Dieve and Janice about it but they didn't see it. Hindi nila alam kung ano ang sinasabi ko.

Nagtataka rin sila kung ano ang ibig kong sabihin. They said I have an ability same to theirs but they cannot explain what I can see. Para akong batang may dyslexia dahil parang sumasayaw ang mga letra na ito.

Hindi na umalis pa sa tabi ko si Dieve nang matapos ang mental breakdown ko sa ospital. He's too caring. Any girl that will fall in love with her is so lucky. He's an ideal guy.

Gentleman, caring, kind. Not to mention his physical attributes of his well defined jaw, his cheek bones and tall stature.

But at the same time I cannot help but to feel guilty with no reason. Siguro kung alam ko kung ano 'tong nararamdaman ko ay maiintindihan ko kung ano nga ba ang nararamdaman ko. I won't be troubled.

"Reed!" I looked behind me and I saw Kuya Rich. Nakalabas na ako ng ospital and Kuya Rich keep on reminding me who he was and a little angel that we used to play with named Rin.

Nang una kong narinig ang pangalan na Rin ay basta na lamang ako umiyak. I haven't even seen a photo of her yet but I feel I was too closed to her.

Kuya Rich hugged me tight and as usual he gives me a rose. Mostly iba-ibang kulay ng rosas ang ibibigay niya the last time he gave me a rainbow rose. Now it turned out a black rose.

I gladly accept the rose from him but the moment I played with the petals weird scenarios starts to come and flashbacks in my mind.

I was sitting by the hallway of an hospital outside a warden room. I was crying for no reason and a handkerchief suddenly fell in-front me and a figure of a man walked away.

Again I was there standing in the subway. Nakaharap ako roon sa lalaki na nasa ospital nung nagising ako. His looks too stern yet too familiar.

The hallway, the roses, the deaths.

How are they connected? Why is he there? What is his part in my missing past?

He's there holding a red rose. And I know I was shocked by the sight of him holding a rose.

His lips mutter words inaudible to understand. But I know my eyes grew more in shock. I can't understand what's happening to me.

I gasped for air. Nabitawan ko ang rosas na hawak ko at para bang nawawalan ako ng lakas sa mga nangyari. It's too much for me to handle. Wala akong naiintindihan but all I can understand is that everything is connects. I don't know what or why.

"Ayos ka lang ba, Reed?" Dieve asked as he looks at the black rose. "Kukuha lang ako ng baso ng tubig." Kuya Rich said.

I am panting. "I saw deaths." Out of my reverie that is all that I could muster. "May naaalala ka na?" Dieve asked enthusiastically. I looked at him his eyes filled with hope.

"What am I suppose to remember with death? Ano ang relasyon ko sa kamatayan? Am I bound to die?" I asked him. But all he answered me is silence.