chapter - 13

"Damian ?!" I try to shake him - to wake him up.
He slowly opens his eyes. And I see that the three figures are leaving

"A human came and touched him to make him disappear" one of the figure says and I just breath.

I am happy they didn't see me.

"Who?" He says - his voice cracks by all the beatings he got.

"Damian?" I say again and he again try to open his eyes - and succeeds. He looks at me. For the very first time.

"Thanks for saving me" he says as he tries to sit up . I don't say anything. I don't know what to say.

He holds his head by his hands and presses it hardly. It must be hurting very much. I look at him worriedly.

I didn't die. Thank goodness. I can finally meet my aunt.

I look at him - out from my thoughts, he is looking at me - for the very first time. I just look at him back.

"Who are you?" He finally says as his face softens. His blonde hairs all messy, and blood dried on his head.

I cannot tell him my real name. He'll make me sacrifice again

"Rose" damn. I couldn't think better?! Curse me! It's probably sounding very cringy.

"Rose" he repeats in a soft voice while looking at me with his soft face. I forget how scary he can be by what I saw in the morning and I stare back at his eyes

"Thanks rose" he says while trying to get up.

I try to get up but see that I injured my leg while pulling him out from the fire and mansion

My bones of my leg hurts. He looks down at me.

"Let's go" he says and suddenly picks me up bridal style. Even I get confused for a sec about what he's doing.

"Go where? Put me down" I yell

"Don't worry rose , we are going to hospital" he says and in a flash, we are infront of a hospital.

What?! Its hard to believe what is this?! Who is he?! How we got here in a flash?!

He's not a human! He's a magician.

As soon as people around see Damian , the nurses wandering outside carelessly, gets all attentive and brings us wheelchairs and trollies to take us to the ward.

_____________

After a week , we get discharged from the hospital. The news spread like a wildfire that Devian family is attacked. Luckily ,my name wasn't in the list of attack. I know my aunt watches news too much, if they interviewed me she would've known I'm kidnapped.

Now my plan is simple. While we are going out from the hospital , I will tell Damian that I live nearby, I'll run away from him and go to my aunt.

"What are you thinking, rose ?" Suddenly, Damian's voice fills my ears again giving me chills down my to my spine and whole body.

"I-I...." I start to stutter - the effect he have on me.

"Let's go to my home for a while then you can leave to your home, I didn't thank you properly enough" he says while running his hand through his hair.

I panick at his offer

"No I gotta meet my mother she's worrying about me" I lie.

He's looking worried for unknown reasons.

I noticed him whole this week. He didn't look a bit happy that he survived. Every time I passed across him in the hospital,he would think deep while looking into the blank space - his beautiful green eyes in the tension gave me sadness. He should smile often , but he never does that.

"Why are you so worried?" I ask , as the last time we are talking to each other standing outside of the hospital.

He looks up at me - and stare at me for a while. I get uncomfortable as he seems to study my face.