chapter - 16

"you're not gonna die for fucks sake" he says . I don't know what he exactly meant by that but I'm sure that I maybe going to sacrifice something but I'm not gonna die. I take a breath of relief.

Finally. I'm not going to die alone. I can meet my aunt! She must be worried.

"Can I meet my aunt?" Was that too much to ask? I don't know at this point what to expect from him- he hates me because I'm a sacrifice. I look at him ready for any kind of rude reaction.

"Are you sure you wanna do that?" He raises his eyebrows to his blonde messy bangs on his messy head. I look at him in utter confusion. She's not my enemy, why is he saying that?

"She's my aunt. She's my family"
He looks at me for a while, trying to figure out something. Then averts his eyes from my face and looks forward.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" he says silently. Is he trying to make me go against my aunt just to make sure that I don't leave until I sacrifice what he wants?

"What do you mean by that? She must be worried! She haven't seen me since two weeks! I didn't even call her!" I say these lines more to myself than to Damian. She must sickly worried.

"I don't get it? Are you playing dumb? Or you didn't see her grabbing your hand in the marriage?" I again try to figure out what he is saying. Nothing is making sense. Is he talking about the person who lead me down the aisle while marriage? I couldn't see him

"The person who gave me your hand in mine , who lead you down to the aisle during marriage was your aunt" he says silently and without looking at me. He doesn't look at me after he tells me this. He just looks outside from the window quietly.

The words come to my ears like a thunderstorm. They tore me apart. My aunt, who raised me since child to an adult girl, she can't do it! He doesn't even know who my aunt is!

"You don't even know who my aunt is!" I half yell and half sob. I am having a hard time forcing my self to believe he is lying becuase he don't want me to leave because I'm his sacrifice.

"She's Kiley " he says her name without looking at me. My heart cracks. I'm broke. She did this to me?! I thought she loved me! I was living for her and she was living for me - at least that's what I believed for almost 20 years! Now what?! I'm so broke that I can't trust anybody! My life was a lie!

I again start to sob silently. Looking outside of the window, broken by this world. I have no wish to live anymore. She made me suffer.

I wanna know why she did that to me? Maybe because I'm not her own child?