chapter - 22

I hear a knock on the door of my room so I wake up in frustration and open the door irritated.

"Fiesty today?" I hear a bone chilling manly voice and my half opened eyes are now wide open and am fully awake without any frustration.

It's Damian. What is he doing this early in morning?

"I'm sleepy sorry" I say while surperssing a yawn.

"It's 10 am already" my eyes again wide opens. It's 10?!

I look at the clock and I once again feel like stupid idiotic kid.

Why I embarrasse myself always infront of him?! I see him enjoying my stupidness and I blush some more.

I couldn't sleep last night becuase I was thinking about all possible scenarios about my aunt. I overslept now.

"Don't you wanna go to meet your aunt? You don't look fine tho, you should sleep some more" he says and I shake my head instantly

"No no no no no, let's go I'm getting ready in 5 minutes" I say as I close the door on his face and go to washroom.

What kind of idiot Am I?! I closed the door on his face!!

I got back to the door and open it wide. He's standing there dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude!" I say and he sees me like I am escaped from a zoo.

"Sorry" I say again and his lips form into hard line. He's annoyed maybe?

"It's okay , get ready fast" he says as he leaves.

Ugh! Stupid Jen!!! You are stupid !

But it's not my fault! This man, six feet tall, blonde and green eyes are intimidating me! It's frustrating!

________________

Can I do it??

I don't think so.

Maybe I can't.

What should I do?

"We are standing here like for past 5 minutes" Damian says frustrated and confused, looking at me like I am the only drama queen of this entire world.

"It's hard for me okay?!" I yell at him and a second later realise etsy I've done.

"Sorry" I whisper to him. He just sighs and rings the door bell of my aunt's house making me jump in surprise

"Why you did that!" I again yell at him.

"Girl, I swear. I'm not a very patient guy. Behave yourself and act mature, doesn't matter what happens to you." He says in a firm voice making me blush.

I hear voice of door opening. I look forward - there standing my aunt - for some reasons her eyes are wide opened and lips apart.

"What are you doing here?" She says making me have second thoughts if she really is my aunt?

She'll never ask such thing to me.

"Kiley, it's been a while" Damian says and my aunt nods back only to confirm that Damian was right whole the time.

My aunt knows Damian Devian?!

"You should come inside or the neighborhood girls are gonna surround you" she says without looking at me.

My heart breaks into thousand pieces. She's acting like a stranger. Why am I going inside her house now? When she doesn't want me here!

"Are you okay?" Damian whispers in my ear as we sit down on the very familiar couch, a bit tore off from the Side. I played on this sofa literally my whole childhood. And now it seems like a trap.

I just nod in response.

"I see Kiley you haven't really told her anything, I'm shocked she doesn't know a bit of it" he says.

"Is he telling the truth?! Did you lead me down the aisle?" My voice comes out croaky and cracks as I try to surpress a sob and keep a poker face.