chapet - 44

*Damian's pov*

We reach the middle of jungle and all cars stops. Jen still doesn't even glance at me for a second. She just sighs. Is she accepting her death or something? Why is she acting like that Goodness this is so frustrating!

"Jen" I say in a stern voice but before she could look at me, Lana opens the door for her and Jen gets distracted. Damn Lana .

I wanted to tell Jen that she's going to be fine. She's not gonna die. Why she thinks that she's gonna die?

Well I'm not sure if she's gonna die or not but I can tell, the ritual is not that hard on her.

"Damian! My man" a voice following two hard coughs comes towards me as I step outside of my car to lock it behind. I follow the direction of voice, everyone is out from their cars too.

A man in his 90s comes towards me wearing a whole red cape dress. Looking more wierd than he did last time I met him. He's like family magician. He knows us before I was born even before marriage of my father.

He predicts stuff , performs rituals, gives us news and he's a guy we trust. He's old and we are afraid if we lose him, we'll have difficulty to live on land.

"How are you doing today Pesisca?" I smile to the old , Bent man. He smiles  back.

"Finally getting your father back eh?" He coughs some more

"You shouldn't be talking much, you are putting stress on your throat"

He slaps me with his old wrinkled hand followed by his stick which is finely furnished with wooden and shined with polish, he hits harder with stick on my back

"You'll never get boring" he laughs as his two broken tooth shows up, only for me to realise he's getting Way too old now.

So rather getting even more sad on this fact I chuckle it off

He's the one whose gonna perform the ritual.

I see a coffin ,carried by 4 tall men towards the site of ritual under trees. My mother is following those 4 men while grabbing Jen's hand in hers. Lana and Tanya is following them while other relatives are following their back.

I think I should be joining ritual now too. I go towards the site where candles are put in the half coconut shells, they are burning,looking way more beautiful than for the purpose they are lit on.

Some rare stones are hanged through tree branches and coffin is put under those trees, we all encircle the coffin , I look at Jen - looking silently at the coffin. Oh sweetheart, only if you knew. I would be there to grab your hand to let you know no matter what happens but after this I'll make every thing alright.

I'll try my best to fix her, to make her realize I'm not arrogant. I'm not sadistic or selfish. I wanna know how she'll react if she knows how I feel?

"The bride should be brought under circle" Pesisca says in his old shaky voice. His hands holding sticks and red stones.

My mother leads Jen to the middle of circle infront of coffin. She's wearing white gown,the same she wore when she got married to me. I stand there quietly looking at how brave she is.

She's holding herself, she almost looks pale like she's about to faint that's how nervous she is. But she's not showing it. Our relatives are looking at her like she's some food,they're about to eat her. I won't let any of them to touch her and if someone dared to, I'll break him to the point it'll be impossible to revive even with thousands of sacrifices.