chapter - 23

*Damian's pov*

"Yes, I was the one, who lead you down to the aisle" kiley says with a poker face. I look at Jen worriedly. Is she okay?
Her lips are apart and her eyes are wide open and full of tears. She slowly closes her lips and try to surpress her sobs.

"Why?" She asks her voice cracking each second. Why Kiley didn't tell her the truth to her at very young age?! What is the point of hiding something so big? She knew this is gonna happen but still she lied to her. Now , she's broke as hell and I don't even know what to do to make her feel right.

"Because it was meant to be" I hear a straight voice coming from Kiley for Jen. And I just can't make this drama stop becuase the topic is too sensitive

"WHAT WAS MEANT TO BE?! YOU LIED TO ME FOR 20 YEARS?!" she yells between her sobs. I think, her limit is reached. She's crying very hard now. What should I do?

"I am not your aunt. I took your care just becuase to make sure nothing is gonna happen to you while you are getting enough matured to marry as a sacrifice " she says and I run my hand through my hairs.

This shouldn't be bothering me. I debate to myself alot to not to think about how hurt is Jen right now, but for some reasons , my hurt aches. I shouldn't be feeling this. But I can not help it when somebody so clear of heart is getting betrayed for no damn reason.

"And who are you kiley?! Some agent of Devian's family?! Paid for 20 years to take care of me?!" She cries louder. I go to hug her but I stop myself. I can't touch her without her permission.

Maybe I should just leave? This is way too much drama for me to handle.

But then again, her teary eyes are breaking my heart. Her each tear washing my mind away. I can't stand her crying. But I can't interup between this topic. I'll just make it worse.

"No, I wasn't paid" kiley says silently.

"Who are you?!" She cries again.

"Damian. You are the one who brought up my topic aren't you? Then tell her who I am also" she says , dragging me into this topic and I swear this woman has always been like this. She always drags other people into her conversation forcedly if she thinks she can't handle the situation alone.

"Kiley Devian, sister of my mother" I say and look at her behaviour and actions closely. Was that too much to tell her? Did I tell her too much? I shouldn't have told her this much at once. Damn me! I'm an idiot.

Her lips are again apart and she's just staring into blank space not giving us any reaction. She is on verge of crying and I can tell she's trying her best to not to lose herself.

She's very strong girl I must admit. Other girls always find my chest to cry on. But this girl is something else.

"Kiley Devian" she says silently still looking at the blank space in the room which scares me more.

I shouldn't be bothered. Why am I so bothered?! It's none of my business. What is wrong with me?!

I try to not to look at her and be as arrogant as possible. And trust me, it works all the time. But I can't take my eyes off of her at this point. It's becuase her reactions are hurting me. I don't want to get involved

I put my one hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down. And this time , my touch doesn't do things to her like it did before. It's becuase she's completely broken that she cannot think about what's happening around her.

"I think we should leave" I say silently , as I take her hand into mine and give it a warm squeeze.

I take her out of the house. I continuously look at her back and forth to see if she's giving any reaction but her eyes are lost in the black whole of broken trusts.

I can't even imagine how it would've felt when she heard that a woman raising her since her childhood said she's not the person Jen thought she was.

I was 20 years old when Jen was born tho, right now I'm 24 it's because we demons age very slowly.

Sometimes, some demons doesn't Age at all. It's because we manifest on flesh and our flesh heals every time by itself very quickly. Which means our skin regenerats every time we try to age with time, it becomes newer and younger.