chapter - 57

*Damian's pov*

It's been two days I'm here. Jen is awake since the cop asked questions to her. She does sleep alot which is due to loss of blood. But I try my best to feed her. These two days went really hard. She isn't talking to me much.

The only thing she asked to me up until now is

'Why are you feeding me?'

What am I suppose to say? I didn't answer that. I just kept on feeding her and watching her getting better each day.

She's obviously gonna think I want something from her again that's why I'm doing this all.

I don't think I can make her believe on me but I need to try. I wish my actions show that I really care about her.

Kiley really wanted to meet her but I denied. She understands why. I don't want her to get hurt , if Kiley would show up in this situation she'll make it worse.

I enter the ward after grabbing all the prescribed medicines and see her awake looking at her hand, observing her cuts.

She's healing and that's a relief

As soon as I enter I grab her attention immediately. She looks at me, and I smile in return while putting all the medicines on side table.

"How are you feeling?" I finally make myself ask her something because I didn't dare to ask her anything since these two days.

I'm ashamed in short if I say.

I don't expect her to reply.

"Better" but she did. I look at her closely as soon as she replies.

She seems a bit healthier I won't lie. I am very lucky that I made it in time. She's saved! Finally!

"Are you hungry?"

"You just fed me an hour ago...."

Yeah..... Why I keep embarrassing myself infront of her?

"You'll be discharged very soon"

She looks at me with suspicion, I know she's thinking where I'll take her.

"Back to our old mansion"

I know the old mansion will bring bad memories to her. But for that I can't loose all the business and my job as lecturer I have there.

"Is there something left you want from me?" She asks in a very light tone

I knew sooner or later I've to have this conversation with her. And unfortunately , that time came faster than I assumed.

Why she just can't live peacefully with me rather than question about why I want her to live with me?

"No." I answer silently , too afraid to look at her , so I just act arrogant and look disinterested.

"Then why am I going back to your mansion?"

WHY I'VE TO DEAL WITH THE MOST AWKWARD SITUATIONS?

Okay calm Damian. This will end soon , just an answer to go.

"Well..." I take a pause thinking what am gonna say?

"You" I cough. What am I gonna say?

"You helped me alot by preventing me from self harming so I have to pay the debt in return by fixing you completely"

Well...... Doesn't my sentence means I'll leave her alone after she's healthy again?

Damn she'll think she's alone again. She'll be more sad.

I look at her to see if she's showing any emotions but she doesn't.

Well atleast I borrowed myself some time to show her that I love her in real. I'll use this time to change her opinion about me.