chapter 62

*Damian's pov*

People are going home slowly ,they didn't leave father alone. One by one they approached father with fake smile.  Iraf managed to take care of all the news reporters who wanted to crash the party.

I was about to forget how father sounded. I really want him to sit with us once after they all are gone. And not only me but iraf , Tanya and mother are also impatient, I can see that when Tanya follows father everywhere a relative takes father to.

Once the last guest goes out of our mansion, the maids close gates and start collecting all the dishes and glasses of wine , some starts clearing floor and removing decorations.

In between this father grabs my mother by her shoulder and makes her sit down with him on L shaped sofa we have.

We siblings also sit infront of them

Father looks deep into black space - as to thinking how to even begin.

"This isn't dream love?" My mother asks with teary eyes while resting her head on father's chest.

"No, absolutely not" he runs his hands up and down on her shoulder to give her all the support she wants.

"We nearly lost you" she continues.

"You can't" his voice cracks.

"I'm one tough devil" he finishes somehow.

I cough. The situation is obviously intense but I've never seen father acting so soft before so it is almost uncomfortable.

"We need alot to fix" he says while looking at me. Is he talking about my relationship with Jen? I thought he doesn't know.

Please not you too father,let this devil live in peace for once in his lifetime through hell.

"Never liked those curtains" he points out the golden curtains covering glass walls infront of us, the Maid who was dusting them starts looking at us with confusion. He's trying to make situation light - atleast his that behaviour is familiar to me. He never wants to be serious.

Nobody is asking how was his journey in the coffin because we know it's gonna make him feel more sad , so none of us dares to put up that topic.

"It's time that I wear a black tuxedo and clap while seeing Damian, Tanya and iraf getting married." He adds. Now this makes me more uncomfortable. I don't even want to start the "marriage " topic with him because I know he is not going to support me marrying Jen.

"Well, forget about Damian" my mother says in a very vicious voice.

HERE SHE GOES.

Why did I come?!

Oh right, she would've killed me either way , she's killing me now. It's like ending up at same place by choosing every way.

"What happened" he asks.

You don't need to know father.

"Nothing" my mother says while wiping a tear off of her cheek

REALLY MOTHER?! LIKE REALLY?

"I promise you I'll make everything alright , don't cry" my father says in a stern voice. His old self is coming out slowly.

Is he indirectly telling he's going to own my life again like he did before?

"Where's Sarah and his father, didn't see them in the party , I thought we were good buddies" he says.

And here starts my death road.

"I don't know anything ask your son"

I look at Tanya and iraf for support , but they are as quite as death itself. They know we can't mess with father. His presence is enough for scaring us. I can't even imagine Tanya or iraf supporting me unless they wanna die with me and I'm sure they don't.

"Damian, is your mother trying to say something" his voice is stern and hard as an unbreakable stone.

Guess today's the day I die.

Well this one is for you Jen.