Reasons why Thunderstorm is edgy

Ever since he manifested, he'd seen the drama between Quake and Cyclone. Whether it be Wind's crazed evolution or Quake's overly protective behavior, his evolution was the one that revolved around fear and anger, which in contrast, is a rather negative trait. Still, he does not fail to protect his team no matter the delay.

But has anyone considered the backlash of the episode where he was manipulated into defeating his friends? It might have haunted him for a while. Ever since that occurred, he had been visibly more subtle and silent.

So when someone taunts him for being weak, he is easy to trigger. It reminds him of the time where he was so easily fooled into doing someone else's dirty work. This might be due to the fear he's accumulated and the anger of being scared.

In Galaxy, episode 13, Lightning has his good faith of fear when it came to popping balloons. Then in episode 14, the fear of his friends dying forced Thunderstorm to make his first debut in the season.

Every element has their own methods of achieving a higher level. There's a couple of them that's unsettling.

Thorn.

The name alone is quite painful. Does this mean Leaf is going to experience something traumatic in order to evolve? Is he going to be forced to watch his friends being tortured and has to face the harshest reality imaginable?

Ice.

What would happen? He could go from Water-lazy to straight up cold. Could it be a momentary lapse of emotionless?

Blaze.

Extreme anger? Extreme stress? Deadlines, idiot teammates, Fang's boasting, Kaizo's commands, Tarung's momentary lapses — it's not going to be pretty. When Fire was first properly introduced, Boboiboy had no recollection of what happened until Adu-du chided him out for it. Maybe Blaze would be similar, but harsher. He would take over while he's still awake. And when he switches back, Boboiboy won't remember either. He just wonders why he was in the training room the first second and in his room the next.