Why you shouldn't prank Thunder

A small one shot

Blaze glanced at the preparations they had set up. They can't fail, because this was once in a lifetime opportunity. He turned to Thorn, who was hidden within the ceiling.

"Is everything okay down there?" Thorn inquired. "We're ready to go!"

Blaze grinned and signified that operation prank edgy boi is a go. Closing the panels om the ceiling, Blaze descended towards the ground through the ladders and awaited for his electrical team-mate to return.

He kept Thorn updated via phones. Nobody else suspected a thing. Quake was out with the soon-to-be victim. Cyclone was surfing the winds. Solar was taking a nap in his room.

All they had to do was wait.

They returned soon. Blaze almost dozed off, but he jerked awake and texted Thorn as soon as Thunderstorm was heading for his room.

The moment Thunderstorm opened his door, an explosion that somehow resembled a balloon's demise echoed in his room. Heart jumping, he convinced himself that it was just his imagination. He flopped himself on his bed, browsing through his phone mindlessly.

A balloon floated down to the edge of the bed.

Thunderstorm stared at the blue plastic.

It popped and Thunderstorm tensed. His entire body was stiff.

How severe was his globophobia? Well, it was the fear that forced him to evolve. You could guess the rest.

More balloons popping. The sound resonated within his room, loud enough for the entire house to hear. In seconds, Cyclone and Quake burst into his room.

"What's going on!" Quake demanded. His eyes fell on the electric manipulator, who was frozen stiff in the bed. "No no no no! Who did this!"

Cyclone rushed to Thunderstorm's side. "Uh, are you okay?"

Blaze burst inside the room. "Haha! You got pranked—"

The glares of both Quake and Cyclone shut him up. Blaze swallowed. He had never seen them so furious.

Quake soothed Thunderstorm's back. "It's over. It's going to be alright. You're not losing yourself. You're still here."

Thunderstorm tried to nod, but the lingering fear was too overwhelming. Eyes rolling to the back of his head, he passed out from his mind unable to comprehend the situation.

Quake bit his lip. He told Cyclone to bring Blaze out and yank Thorn out of the ceiling.

"What was that all about?" Blaze asked, pale. "It's just a prank!"

Cyclone sighed deeply. The two had never seen him so disappointed before.

"He told you his fear because he trusts you. You don't just turn that against him. He's afraid of that," Cyclone said. "Along with balloons."

"Why is he so scared of it?" Thorn squeaked.

Cyclone led them towards the living room. "When we were younger, he was kidnapped once. That's why he's so hostile towards everyone around him."

The wind manipulator briefed the situation to them. After the elaboration, they couldn't have felt more guilty and horror-stricken.

After Thunderstorm woke up, they begged for forgiveness and agreed to be his willing slaves for two weeks.

Unbeknownst to them, Thunderstorm high-fived Quake and Cyclone behind those doors.

"Best prank ever," Cyclone whooped.

Thunderstorm removed his earplugs. He scowled in distaste. "I'm never doing that again."