random idea take 999 just because

When an elemental takes a certain amount of damage, they recede back to their regular elemental base.

Thunderstorm/Lightning turns into electricity, which makes them easy to trap. This is why they always carry a phone around their pockets (excess objects other than clothing will not be carried and wil be left behind) so they can make a quick escape. They can also act as a temporary AI for the phone but with a conscious. They take weeks to reform.

Quake/Earth sinks back into the ground. They're not easy to capture, unless they are defeated in mid air. Unlike Thunderstorm, they will not have a conscious and will remain where they have been defeated until they reform. Takes around a few days to return, which is the fastest.

Cyclone/Wind turns into air. They are very difficult to capture, but not impossible. It's also hard to maintain his physical form, which is why he takes around weeks-months to reform. Depending on the damage he sustained, his memories may wary. If he takes too much damage, his body will solely focus on linking his physical body, which causes some memories to be deleted. If not much, he will be semi-conscious, but takes longer to reform.

Blaze/Fire turns into magma. Despite being scorching hot, they will eventually harden and remain inanimate. The moment it hardens and cools, he will return. Is also difficult to capture as his magma is very flexible and scattered. Takes days to reform, but slower than Quake. His magma can also heal others with creation-type abilities (Ice, Quake and Thorn) with the cost of it hurting a crap ton.

Ice/Water turns into water. They remain semi-conscious, though most of the time they don't have one. Difficult to capture, but if he's led to a hot environment, he takes longer to reform and is more easily captured. He and Blaze are the only elementals whose reforming process can be sped up, which is to cool them. Takes around weeks to reform.

Thorn/Leaf turns into a plant depending on the situation. A cactus in a desert, vines if it's near walls. Has a conscious, but is immobile. Very easy to capture, but the plant itself will have protective mechanisms such as enhanced poisoned thorns or a poisonous surface. Takes a week or so to reform if there are no attempts to remove them. Is able to differentiate friend and foe and will act accordingly. If the elementals try to retrieve them, they will loosen up and allow them to take them. If a foe, then it will lace itself with poison or a sleep toxin.

Solar/Light turns into light. Like Thunderstorm, they will automatically seek out a light source. Difficult to maintain and capture, and also takes weeks to reform. Has no conscious, so his body acts on autopilot. If lured correctly, he is easy to trap. This is why he always carries a glowstick around him with an electromagnet, and the other end is with Quake.

Different elementals can sustain different amount of damage. The list from the weakest to the strongest is: Solar, Thunderstorm, Ice, Blaze, Cyclone, Thorn, Quake.

Note: Thunderstorm is the only elemental active as he can still operate in a device and manipulate its features to his disposal.

Note 2: Because of their setbacks, the elementals have different teams.

Note 3: Once Thunderstorm's team is in danger and there is no hope of escape, he often deals damage to himself until he is forced to his base state. He will then use his phone and alert the others.

Note 4: Please give the pikachu a break.

* * *