Accident

(this is a long one, sorry)

Peter's POV

My heart lurched in my chest as I slowly walked forwards in the dark alleyway, I couldn't have killed him. I crouched down and rolled the man onto his back, with shaking hands I pressed my fingers on his neck but I couldn't feel a pulse. My heart dropped. I killed him, he probably had a family and now they'd have to live without him. He wasn't an innocent person and I've stopped him from mugging people multiple times but I didn't mean to kill him.

I backed away from him and quickly swung away from the scene, I was supposed to be a hero, I wasn't supposed to kill people. I climbed in through the window and landed in my room, I pulled off my mask and got changed into some pyjamas. I looked at my suit and mask and anger and sadness welled up in me, tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

With great power comes great responsibility.

I failed my Uncle, I grabbed my suit and quickly stuffed it at the top of the closet and shoved a box in front of it. I closed my closet door and sunk to the ground running my hands through my sweaty hair.

"Peter? Are you back already?" May's voice called out.

I stood up and opened the door to reveal May standing there.

"Yeah, nothing was going on and I have a lot of homework to do," I lied faking a smile.

"Are you alright Hunny? Your eyes are a bit red," she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just allergies,"

She smiled and went down the hallway to her room, I closed my door and flopped onto my bed turning my light off. I couldn't be a superhero, I can't be trusted with my powers, from now on Spider-Man will be no more.

Friday after school was usually when I went to Stark Tower to do some work with Tony but I couldn't bring myself to go there. That place was for heroes and if I killed someone then I don't belong there. My phone started vibrating and I saw Tony's contact name appear, I debating answering it. If I didn't I knew he'd fly down and come talk to me in person.

"Hello?" I said into my phone.

"Hey Pete, are you coming today?" Tony asked, "Happy's running kind of late today so you might have to make your way over as spidey," 

"Uh, actually I have a group project that's really important, I'm going over to Ned's house for the whole weekend for the next 4 weeks so I won't be able to stop by," I explained.

"Oh, do you want to do another day instead?" he offered.

"No, no, no I don't want to bother you, Tony, I gotta go, bye!" 

I hung up and sighed shoving my phone in my pocket, I was only partially lying about that. I did have a group project with Ned, a new girl named Hallie, Cindy, MJ and a guy called Chase, I was going over to Ned's house for 4 weeks to work on the project but I wasn't staying there for the whole weekend. 

"You ready to go?" Ned asked.

I nodded and we walked with the others to Ned's place, his parents weren't home so for the first few hours we procrastinated and talked to each other while blasting music. The new girl Hallie was hilarious and I found myself talking to her a lot and I started to develop a little crush on her. We finally began working on our project and Hallie and I both worked on the science part since we were both really good at it while Ned and Cindy did the maths part, Chase worked on the graphs and experiments that we could run. 

While we worked Chase still had music blasting and food littered the coffee table and the floor and we were all shouting and talking loudly, my voice was a bit sore from laughing and shouting but it was the most fun I've ever had in a while.