On the run ~ 2

2 months later

Peter's POV

Run. That's all my mind was focused on right now, I had to get as far away from the base as I could and find someone. I didn't know who I was supposed to find but I knew that they were important and meant a lot to me, HYDRA tried to wipe my brain of all memories but I managed to break free and that's why I'm currently running away from the base fueled by my fear. 

I ran through the streets and I was finding it hard to breathe with my mask on but I had to keep my identity secret, that was one of the few things I could remember. The moon was shining down on New York lighting up the empty streets, I climbed up a tall building and sat on the roof taking deep breaths with my eyes closed trying to remember who I needed to find and protect. I knew that they were with me when we were both captured but I can't remember who they were and what happened to them. 

I sighed in frustration and laid down on my back looking up at the stars, I remembered Tony, the Avengers and May but I knew that the person I needed to protect wasn't any of them. I closed my eyes and tried to drift off to sleep but my spider-sense was always on constant alert, after 2 months of torture my spider-sense would warn me about the tiniest things, whether it was just the wind blowing towards me or if it was someone walking to close behind me, but finally sleep took over and I was finally resting in the first time in ages...

"If something happens and you have the chance to escape, I want you to take it," I told her looking straight into her brown eyes that looked so much like Tony's.

"No, I can't do that, I won't ever do that," Morgan argued.

"Morgan, please, you have to promise me that you will, please," I begged.

I shot and gasped, the sunlight hit my eyelids and made me squint but at least I remembered. Morgan. Oh god, where is she? Is she safe? Has she found Tony?

I made sure my suit was on invisible mode and I swung down into the nearest shopping mall, I jogged through it weaving between crowds and making sure I didn't hit or touch anyone. I came to the apple store and logged onto a computer. I knew I had to do it quickly in case a store attendant realised what was happening on the computer. I hacked into New York security cameras and quickly did some coding on it so it would scan for facial recognitions of Morgan. I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for it to load, but finally, the address came up for a rundown hotel on the outskirts of New York.

I quickly memorized the name of the hotel and the direction I'd have to go in before closing the computer down and completely wiping it of everything.

I ran out of the shopping mall and jumped into the air shooting a web and swinging for about 40 minutes to get to the hotel. I kept my suit in invisible mode and snuck behind the counter, I knocked a vase over and it shattered on the other side of the desk. The receptionist groaned and went away to go get a broom to clean up all the shards, I looked up the names in the computer and I saw one of Morgan's code names in room 306. I logged out of the computer and wiped it again before running towards the stairs and leaping up onto the 12th floor. 

I ran down the hallway before knocking in morse code on the door, I heard her footsteps come to a stop on the door and she hesitantly tapped back. It took a lot of convincing for her to open to door and when she did I slipped inside and as soon as she locked the door again I turned off invisible mode and pulled my mask off. 

"Peter!" she squealed.

She hugged me so tight and started sobbing into my chest as I hugged her back. 

"Hey, it's okay, I'm not going anywhere else," I whispered.

"I was s-so worried about y-you," she cried.