You'll be alright 2

Tony's POV

I explained everything to Peter and he seemed to understand but didn't look me in the eye. He had changed a lot, his hair was messy and brushed to the side with his fingers, it was no longer gelled back. His cheekbones and jawline were really defined and he was still skinny but still very strong, he was a lot taller as well and his eyes didn't hold the same brightness as they used to. 

"I know it's a lot to take in and I'm sorry I couldn't tell you earlier but Happy was the only one that could know. I would've disagreed but since I was in a coma I couldn't say anything," I said.

"Yeah, I get it," he replied.

He looked down at his hands and Morgan came into the room rubbing her eyes.

"Sweetie, what are you doing down here? It's past your bedtime," Pepper said.

"I wanted to see Peter," she whined.

"It's okay Pepper, I'll put her to bed," Peter replied quickly.

Before anyone could object he picked up Morgan and left the room. I sighed and Pepper rubbed my back and kissed my temple.

"He just needs some time to adjust, he's been through a lot," Pepper said.

I nodded and got up, I went upstairs but paused at Morgan's door, she was tucked in and Peter was kneeling down beside her bed like I used to.

"I told you Daddy was coming back, I can predict the future!" she giggled.

"Yeah you can Morgs," Peter replied softly before looking away from her.

"You don't seem happy, are you having a relapse?" she asked innocently.

Peter looked up at her in shock.

"How do you know that word?" he asked.

"I hear mummy talking about it a lot when she mentions you to Uncle Rhodey,"

"Okay, I'm not having a relapse I was just surprised today, now, you better go to sleep or I'll leave tomorrow," he joked.

Morgan quickly buried her head into the pillow and Peter kissed her goodnight, I quickly ducked into another room and I saw Peter walk down the hallway before disappearing into another room, closing the door behind him. I stopped outside his door and listened, I heard the sound of his phone ringing.

"Hey Peter, is everything alright?" 

"No, yes, I don't know, I just- I can't- I don't know what to do, I'm just confused and I can't- I just,"

He took a calming breath and sighed.

"Can you tell me about your day?" Peter asked with his voice shaking slightly.

The girl on the other end starting telling him about her day and Peter laughed a few times. I was confused at first, he was clearly panicking so why did he ask her to tell him about her day? It all clicked into place, it was a coping mechanism for Peter to calm down and focus on what she was saying.

"Okay, what happened over there?" the girl asked.

"I-It's Tony, he's apparently alive, he told me he's been in a coma for three years but Nick Fury didn't want anyone knowing except Happy. I don't know what to do MJ, I spent two fucking years being a complete mess for nothing. May was so worried about me and it was all for nothing, I wasted everyone's time, I'm so sorry MJ I-" he began.

"No, don't you dare think like that Peter. Just take a deep breath, I know it's a massive shock but you always have Pepper, Happy and Rhodey to talk to, you've come so far Peter so don't you dare give up now!" MJ yelled.

I frowned, what had happened while I was gone? I went back downstairs and sat on the bench stool while Pepper was making tea in the kitchen.

"How's Peter been handling my 'death'?" I asked.

Pepper gave me a sharp look and sighed before placed two mugs down in front of both of us.

"That is none of your concern right now, what you need to worry about is getting better and finding out how to make everything seem normal," Pepper replied with a fake smile on her face.

"You know I can just call May and make her tell me, right?" I pointed out.

Pepper's face fell and tears welled up in her eyes, I immediately wrapped her up in a hug and we sat down on the couch.

"What's wrong Pep, what happened?" I asked softly.

"M-May died 6 months after you did. Peter tried to commit suicide 4 times and ended up in hospital on the last try, we didn't realise how much he was hurting until then. I've disappointed May because I promised I'd look after her nephew but I didn't," Pepper blurted out.

I absorbed the news that I just heard and on the inside, I was shocked. Peter was a happy and bright kid and I'd never ever see him doing something like trying to commit suicide. 

"It's okay Pepper, you helped him before it could get any worse, he's still here and you said he was getting better. He couldn't have recovered without you," I mumbled.

I hugged Pepper tighter and looked at the photo above the sink of Peter and I when we did the Stark Internship together. I sighed again, my kid thought that possibly ending his life was a solution and he wanted to do it, because of me...

Sorry for the short chapter guys, I promise the next one will be longer! Please comment requests because I'm kind of running out of ideas.