Gunshot

(Sorry this one is kinda short)

Peter's POV

I swung up onto the roof and gasped as a sharp pain shot through my stomach and up my side, I grimaced and landed untidily on the roof and collapsed onto my knees. I looked down at my side and saw blood soaking through my suit. I groaned and took a deep breath, it hurt my wound but I had to try and clear the black dots from my vision.

"You have obtained a gunshot wound in your stomach, it requires urgent medical attention," Karen relyed.

"Okay, okay I'm on it," I mumbled applying pressure.

I heard shouts getting closer to the roof and I swore, blood covered my hands and seeped through my suit. My spider-sense blared and I dove to the right as a bullet shot past me, I bit my lip to stop myself screaming and blood filled my mouth. 

"When I'm finished you'll be nothing but a red and blue lump on the ground," one of the guys grumbled.

"Cool story bro. In what chapter do you shut up?" I hissed.

They aimed the gun at me and I flipped off the building and swung away on the web, I swung back around the building and struck from behind. I disarmed most of them but I couldn't web them to the ground because I had run out of web fluid, I kicked the main guy in the face and grabbed his gun and tried to pull it out of his grip.

"Calling Mr Stark," Karen suddenly announced.

"What!" I exclaimed.

The guy caught me off guard and kicking me right where the bullet wound was, I staggered back clutching it and he rammed the end of his gun at my head. I fell to the ground and the blacks spots started to fill up most of my vision, I tried to move back and away from him but I didn't get too far.

The guy aimed his gun and he and I turned away squeezing my eyes shut, oh gosh, this was it. I was going to die at 16, this was not the way I wanted to go. Oh gosh, May... what would she say about it?

"Get the fuck away from my kid!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

I laid back on the hard concrete waiting for the sound of the gunshot, but it never came, I heard sounds of metal and kicking and punching. I couldn't see anything and the black spots completely clouded my vision but I could still hear everything so that means I wasn't dead yet.

"Pete, Peter, c 'mon kid stay with me," I heard Tony say.

"May," I whispered.

"What's wrong kid?" Tony asked.

My head and shoulders were raised up and my head was lying on something a bit more comfortable than the hard concrete roof.

"May," I mumbled.

"May's fine, you're fine kid the rest of us are dealing with the others, you're going to pull through this alright? Just like you always do and then you can see May and your friend Fred or whatever his name is, you can ask out that girl MJ or whatever," Tony rambled.

I felt the mask leave my face and I tried to sit up to see if the Avengers were okay but Tony pushed me back down and ran one of his hands through my hair saying something I couldn't understand.

"M' sorry Tony," I slurred.

My eyes drooped and Tony's blurry face came into view.

"No, no, no, Peter you have to stay awake for me, ah, fuck, shit. FRIDAY fly me back to the tower and get the medical bay ready immediately!" Tony commanded.

I tried to tell him everything would be okay but everything went black...

Beep, beep, beep

I frowned, god that sound was so annoying. I cracked my eyes open and saw the darkroom around me. It took a few seconds to recall what happened but I flung the covers off me and lifted up my shirt to reveal a scar on my stomach. I sighed and flopped back onto the bed, I pinched my arm to make sure this was real. May and Tony were going to be so worried, I hated it when I scared them because they always fussed over me for DAYS if I got a concussion or something small like that. Well, concussion aren't actually a small thing, for any normal person it's a pretty big thing but for me - getting a concussion is like getting a scratch for normal people.

Except when you get a cut your parents don't fuss over you for days like Tony and May do, I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. I shouldn't have been thinking those things, at least I have people that care about me and at least I still have family unlike some unfortunate people in the world.

The door opened and I looked across the room to see Tony come into the room giving me a small smile.

"How are you feeling Pete?" he asked.

"I'm good," I replied.

There was an awkward silence and I fiddled with my fingers unsure of what to say to him.

"You had everyone really worried, what were you thinking? You should've called for backup," Tony continued.

"I tried but no one answered, I think something happened to the comms," I replied.

Tony sighed and mumbled something under his breath.

"I'm sorry Tony, I didn't want you to worry," I mumbled.

"It's fine kid, I'm just glad you're okay," he replied.

I smiled at him just as the door burst open and Morgan ran in jumping up onto the bed and tackling me in a hug.

"Careful Morgan, Peter is still injured," Tony warned.

"Peter! Daddy said some bad people hurt you again. I knew you'd be alright though because you always are!" she happily chirped.

I smiled and hugged her again, she began rambling on about something and my mind drifted away and her words sunk in. What if I wasn't as lucky this time? 

Everyone knows that your luck runs out eventually...