Far From Home

Peter's POV

1 year, 10 months and 27 days. It's not like I was counting or anything, my brain just reminds me in odd moments about it. Sometimes I'll be staring off into space and that fact will come to me or sometimes I'll have a nightmare and I'll be reminded of how long it's been since I last saw him. But, it's fine now. I still miss him but I rarely get nightmares of Tony's death anymore because they were usually replaced with the stuff that happened with Beck, the illusions, the train and the grave. But those didn't come as often since it had been a bit longer than a year since it happened, but it still stuck with me every day.

Maybe if you were good enough, Tony would still be alive

I sighed and rolled out of bed, another day. I pulled on some clothes and looked around my room, it was bare with a single bed in the corner and a desk in the other corner with a window in the middle and a closet near the door. We sold almost everything in our apartment last year when we were really struggling with money, but now Happy lives with us and everything has gotten better but the apartment was still really bare. I slid open the closet and changed into some random clothes and saw my red and black Spider-Man suit there and a small smile tugged on my lips. I closed my closet and walked down the hallway to the kitchen where Happy was.

"Morning Peter," he greeted.

"Hey Happy," I replied.

At first, it was weird seeing Happy and my Aunt together but I realised how happy May was and I've never seen her that happy since Ben came around. Happy and I had grown a lot closer and it was almost a father-son relationship but I would never call him Dad, maybe Uncle one day but I don't think I'd ever call him my dad.

I helped Happy with breakfast and by the end, we had bacon and eggs on three plates and some raw cracked eggs on the ground because Happy wanted to prove to me that he could juggle. Obviously, he couldn't otherwise there wouldn't be three cracked on the ground.

"I accidentally dropped them, people make mistakes sometimes but I promise you I can juggle," he said.

"Yeah, and I can beat Captain America in a fight," I replied sarcastically.

"But you did beat him," Happy replied.

"Aw thanks Happy, that means I can go up against bigger threats by myself," I teased.

"No wait, that's not what I meant," he stammered.

"You kind of walked into that one Happy," May laughed walking into the kitchen.

Happy gave May a look which said 'help me' but May just laughed and kissed him on the cheek before sitting down. Happy gave me a look and I winked before sitting down.

"C 'mon, I can do more. 2 of the Avengers are gone, Steve has disappeared, Bruce and hulk are mixed together, Thor is off-world and Clint is retired. All the other Avengers are in space or something and I'm the only one here," I protested.

"But you're only 17, plus Bucky and Sam are there as well as Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and Thor isn't off-world," Happy replied.

"Plus, you promised us you wouldn't get deeply involved in Avenger's stuff until your 18," May added.

"Which is only in 2 months," I pointed out.

"We'll talk about it then," she replied.

I sighed and quickly ate my breakfast and washed up everything, it was summer break so I had the whole day ahead of me. I went back into my room and open my closet again, I changed into my suit and left a note for May on my desk before jumping out my window and swinging through the city. I looked in the reflection of the building and sighed, all of my suits brought back bad memories. The Iron Spider suit reminded me of Thanos and the snap, the blue and red one reminded me of Tony and how he made it for me and this one reminded me of Beck and the constant fear of everything being an illusion.