Not really gone 2

Peter's POV

"H-How, w-what?" I stammered.

Tony laughed and so many emotions flowed through me but I was mainly just confused.

"Playing greeting message," FRIDAY said.

A video of Tony sitting in a room on a chair, he sighed and rubbed his hands together before looking into the camera. My heart stopped, what was this?

"Hey Peter, so if you're watching this message then I'm probably dead. I uh don't really know what to say, I'm about to go on this time heist with the other Avengers to try and see if we can get the stones so we can bring you and everyone else back. I'll admit it, kid, at first I didn't want to do it but that night I splashed water onto that god damn picture of the 'Stark Internship'," Tony began.

He chuckled and then his face fell and he took another deep breath while twisted the ring around his finger.

"Onto the main reason, I'm going to be your AI. I know you like Karen but this way I might be able to talk you out of doing crazy things. I know you must miss me a lot kid, god I hope you remember me after five years. I'm praying and hoping that this will work because I need you here kid, you're my son, I don't know if you think of me as a father but I think of you as my son. I do have a daughter now but that doesn't change anything. I really hope I don't die during this time heist thing cause I need to see you again but, part of the journey is the end. I have two things that I need to do in my life, protect the Avengers and protect my family, you're both. I know this AI thing might be hard but you're a strong kid, the world needs more of you kid so go out there and show them what you've got, I love you,"

The recording disappeared and I pulled off my mask and shoved it into my bag, I shoved my suit and USB back into my bag as well and zipped it up before running out of the lab and out of the compound. I was partly shocked when I saw that it was night time but I caught a bus back to the apartment with mixed emotions. 

I unlocked the door and placed my bag into my room before I heard Happy call out my name, I sighed and went out into the main area. 

"Yeah?"

"How did it go?" Happy asked.

I shot him a glare and sighed again.

"How could Tony ever think that the AI was a good idea? After death, you're supposed to move on but I can't fucking do that if he's my AI!" I shouted.

"Peter, he's doing it to protect you! He made the AI so he can rest in peace knowing that he can help you and keep you safe! The reason the whole universe is saved is because of you!" Happy argued.

"He can't protect me, he's dead Happy! I was fucking right there when he died and I can't forget about it! You don't need to remind me that he did it all for me because I know! Beck was right, maybe if I was good enough he would still be alive! I'm trying to forget about everything but I can't! His last words weren't to his wife or about his daughter, he called out to me but there was nothing I could do!" I screamed.

I sat down and ran my hands through my hair taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Happy I shouldn't have shouted," I mumbled.

"It's alright kid, listen, will you just try out the AI for a bit, please?" Happy asked softly.

I sighed but nodded, Happy gave me a small smile and clapped my shoulder before disappearing into his room. I walked down to mine and flopped onto my bed, my bag laid on the floor taunting me and it was a nice night for patrolling.

I gave in and grabbed my bag and changing into my suit, I pulled onto my mask and jumped out the window and swung up to the roof.

"Hey kid," Tony greeted.